DiveHunter & bobulon

What a Day.

Got a couple of hunts in today. Had to help paint a rental property and the pin face and crusty coins along the bottom of the pic came from hunting the property for 15 to twenty minutes after we finished. Pretty sure the gold looking thing was a pin cause it has a line across the back like where it would have been attached. After I got home went exploring with the wife and child, she likes looking at houses. We found a little park with a tot lot and stopped. The Deal was I would go looking at houses if we could stop and detect for a while.:D Any way we stopped and I detected while my son played on the equipment. Started by finding bout half a dozen coins at the bottom of the slide mostly pennies. Then found a Quarter. Decided to follow suggestions and get down low under the stairs. Got a Huge hit on the 250. Stick the pinpointer in the chips and dig a little and there is what looks like a stack of coins. So I pick them up and run the detector back over, still a huge signal so i start sweeping chips away and there are coins everywhere. I must have found some kids buried treasure. That or some one dumped a piggy bank. My wife thinks they may come back for it. So I may go back and leave a few coins there to find. I think they probably forgot about it. :lol: Anyways I made a few points today in clad. I calculate 21 1/4 points at $3.46

Attachments

• IMG_3202.jpg
    IMG_3202.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_3200.jpg
    IMG_3200.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 160
My First Gold and a Ring

Went out for about an hour tonight. The park was too busy for me so I went to the very far end of the school its attached to and tried a little fenced in tot lot that had the gate open. As I was getting out my gear I realized I left my pin pointer at home because I was using it for a stud finder.:roll: I decided I would give it a try anyway. I started by finding a corroded penny there weren't that many targets to be had. I was Thinking about heading home when I got a solid hit in the coin range and out pops a ring. I think it's a mood ring that has been in there a while. There's no marks on it so probably junk. So this keeps me going for a bit I move to where the slide comes down and get a hit that keeps skipping between pop top and nickel. Either way I figure the worst it could be is 1/4 point for the contest so I move the chips around and there is this bracelet. My heart is racing by now so I see if it has a hallmark and the first thing I see is the Italy then 14kt Woohoo my first real gold. I'm still waiting to find my first wheat penny, but I won't complain if I find stuff like this while I'm waiting.:lol: A little after that I look up and there's an empty police car sitting in the drop off area of the school still running. I'm pretty sure I can detect schools here but the tags on my car are a little past due so I figured it was time to call it a day. If I figured right I got 31 and 1/2 points tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3222.jpg
    IMG_3222.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3224.jpg
    IMG_3224.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 135
Got Some Stuff Today.. Good 4 100 points Silver coins

49 Quarter
36 Quarter
42 Merc Dime
No Date Walker Half
3 Wheats
1 Cross
1841 Hard Times Token

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 96
The stuff I have been saving from several hunts.

I have been putting my finds in a cup for the last little bit, too lazy to post the bit of clad I find after every hunt :tumble: This is from about 4 or five different hunts. The only noteworthy thing is the silver ring I found while grass hunting a local park. By my calculations its worth 48.25 pts. With the running team total at 636.05 pts. I got bored and made an excel sheet that calculates everything for you, just put in how many you found and it tallies it up. I will send it to any one if they want just pm me.

Attachments

• 800_IMG_3701.JPG
    800_IMG_3701.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 800_IMG_3705.JPG
    800_IMG_3705.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 800_IMG_3706.JPG
    800_IMG_3706.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 83
Here is my finds from Saturday the 27th at my farm pond..Good for 185 Points by my calculations. Counted the silver ring as junk because the halmark wouldnt come out in the pic even though it is marked sterling..

Dove the farm pond yesterday. Did real good..Found

1951 D Quarter
1945 Merc
1941 Merc
1942 Merc
1942 Merc
8 Wheats
1 Silver Ring
1 - 1960 Gold Class Ring
1 - Sterling Bracelet

Water was real nice. Very merky though. 82 minutes bottom time...Awsome Day.

Attachments

• 100_2392.JPG
    100_2392.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_2395.JPG
    100_2395.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_2396.JPG
    100_2396.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 79
  • 100_2398.JPG
    100_2398.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_2399.JPG
    100_2399.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 79
I hate to sound like a jerk but i can only accept the points if i get a pic with everything together with the control item written on a peice of paper in the pic...sorry.

as far as your finds...that is one awesome hunt! you did very well. ill go ahead and count the sterling ring..i can kinda see somthing so it counts;)

I Think I got my brother hooked :)

My brother is a sales rep and comes out to visit about once a month to do sales calls in my area. I had told him about the detector and how much fun it is. Well he comes to visit a few weeks ago. I get off work early that day so I take him to the park for a few minutes before we go to get dinner. I figure we will find a few coins and he'll get the general idea. So we start off and find a penny and a nickle and several pull tabs. I explain to him that its Gods trick on MDer's cause the gold hides with the pull tabs. Well he wants to dig all the nickle/pulltab signals to see what we find. We get a solid hit right between nickle and pulltab on the Ace. We dig the hole and in the side of the plug is this ring. Needless to say I think the detecting bug bit him cause he is talking like he wants to get one now. We scratched it a little and I checked the stone with the diamond tester at work, didn't come up diamond though. But it's still gold :D My total so far is 20 for the ring and 846.05 for the team.

Attachments

• IMG_3395.JPG
    IMG_3395.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3398.JPG
    IMG_3398.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3404.JPG
    IMG_3404.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Current Score.jpg
    Current Score.jpg