Found A Ring On My First Water Hunt....My Own!

AuAgDad

So, I decided to do a little bit of shallow water hunting today, just to try and learn the basics of moving around with gear in the water. Not too bad...a whole new world from dirtfishing, but kinda fun. When I got back to the car, I opened my glove box to put my wedding band back on, it wasn't there! I ask my wife if she moved it, and she says I wore it into the water...doh!

So, I try my best to visualize and regrid, digging anything less than 6" down, all the while not knowing what the appropriate signal even is! I get a shallow/surface 55, so I scoop it and thank goodness, my titanium band is back where it belongs! (I'm shopping for an upgrade to platinum, but size 14.5 is pricey in precious metals!!)

WHEW!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 378
What a way to get a first ring. I'm glad it turned out ok for you..... guess you could say it was your first return too! :lol:

Cliff

I remove my rings when doing any detecting or at the beach period. I am NOT giving you pirates more treasure to find...:laughing::laughing:

Yeah, I always stick it in the glove box. No idea why it slipped my mind. In a weird way, it was really motivating to see how easy a ring is lost..plus, I learned the sound and signal for a titanium ring!

Back
Top Bottom