Xcal II and Skullies....

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Well a few days ago i swapped the Old Beach Nuts Skullies headphones from my Blue 1000 to the Xcal II. Today i got in a good 6 hour hunt with them. I was surprised to learn .... the tones are the same as with the yellow headphones.... except louder and much clearer. The Blues tones are more condensed.... it was sort of like learn the machine again and they arent quite like my Xcal II. Anyone that has both these machine with the yellow headphones notice this? How about you Joe since you have the Skullies on both i assume? I was surprised there was such a difference.

Now for my hunt..... well i can tell you Gold Digger didnt dig all the pull tabs for me. I ended up with over 70, hand full of can slaw, and a few crusties. I did manage 2 silver rings..... one was kind of unique with a S. W. looks. Somehow they carved out copper and attached it to silver. I thought gold at first.... but its copper.

Dew

I can't wait to get my hands on some of them, I despise the yellow ones. There's so much more to hear and they put these pieces of junk on a wonderful machine. What was the thing you mentioned about three wires vs two a few weeks ago?

Glad I was up there in being represented :lol:

I know what you mean about tone changes. When OBN did the Peltor mod and Tornado coil, I had to learn the tones all over again. I don't know if it was the coil change or the headphones, but a noticeable difference, but I sure will not complain with the performance.

Well a few days ago i swapped the Old Beach Nuts Skullies headphones from my Blue 1000 to the Xcal II. Today i got in a good 6 hour hunt with them. I was surprised to learn .... the tones are the same as with the yellow headphones.... except louder and much clearer. The Blues tones are more condensed.... it was sort of like learn the machine again and they arent quite like my Xcal II. Anyone that has both these machine with the yellow headphones notice this? How about you Joe since you have the Skullies on both i assume? I was surprised there was such a difference.

Now for my hunt..... well i can tell you Gold Digger didnt dig all the pull tabs for me. I ended up with over 70, hand full of can slaw, and a few crusties. I did manage 2 silver rings..... one was kind of unique with a S. W. looks. Somehow they carved out copper and attached it to silver. I thought gold at first.... but its copper.

Dew

Dew, I swear,,,,the blue is much more smoother running but the tones are much more distinguished on the II,,,,,just the way it is but you know what?, if it is in range you are digging anyway,,,,I swear that place has a million pull tabs and lots of crusties,,,,,don't know about you but I am ready for something shiney,,,I guess tomorrow we shall see,,,

I will never complain about pull tabs after digging 3 targets the other day. I noticed its getting down to the can lids always a good sign things are moving. That 3rd GD wire is on the Xcal II NOT the Blue. Have no idea why its there.... i clipped mine and my machine runs a smooth as butter with or without it. The only thing ive notice is right now i have be able to run crazy sensitivity for being in salt water..... im just out of AUTO with no nulling or falsing. Great depth today. So if you have the Xcal II especially with warranty.... id recommend you clip it in the middle so it can be put back easily for service.

Dew

Can't wait to try them out... i'm on the june list too!
Strange you were able to run such high sens, not quite sure why that would be...

Zee i was told it could be solar, wind, no minerals in the newer sand, and less salt in the water..... all kind of coming together at the same time. Ive had it before then it went back to normal. Tom has had it happen on his side as well. I dont know..... hey but who would complain about more sensitivity and a little depth.

Dew

Dew I have to be honest I have been using so many different setups for headphones the last 4 or 5 years searching for the best I can't say which was which. Now that Skullies have arrived they will set the strandard for Water phones, specially for the tonal detectors.

Joe now that i got them on the Xcal II.... a machine ive used a lot, i can honestly say they are just such a great change. Anyone ever going from a cheap pair of phones on a dirt machine to a pair of high quality phones knows what im saying. World of difference in volume and crispness. I let Gold Digger try them on the Xcal II..... hes like me not enough time on the blue.... but the Xcal II..... he was impressed with the quality. Also, man you can beat how they feel on your head. They are so comfortable you dont even notice they may be heavier..... and they stay adjusted. Noise blockage..... the best ive had on my head. I use the Sun Ray Pro Golds on the Exp SE and they dont even block out the noise this well. Great contribution to the hobby Joe.

Dew

I can't wait to get a pair in my excal. The ones on gt are just awesome. Just got a job...so soon. Hh an gl. -Joe

Like that Gold coin Joeb...Very Nice....

Thanks Dew, they are a major break thur in the goal for a better set of water phones...just wish I could sell the idea to minelabs...it may cost them a few dollars more but they could raise the price to allow for the improvement...they could call it the excal III...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom