What happened to my CTX screen?

skateteacher

I've had my CTX for 9 days. Things have been great until tonight. I hooked it up to my computer so I could play with the xchange2 program. After I unplugged it I I turned to look at my screen and this is what I see.
9d945c44c95495acd89c01d7690c9aae.jpg

I now have all these vertical lines on my screen. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so how did you fix it. I'm more than concerned at this point.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've turned it off and on again several times and the lines remain. I took the battery off for a bit and then put it back on and the lines are still there. You can still see everything as evidenced from my photo but something has screwed up the screen. I emailed ML and I'm waiting to hear back from them. The problem for me in getting a CTX is I had to sell my other detectors to get it. It's too soon for a problem as I'm only in my second full week of ownership.

As an update. Jamie contacted me directly, arranged to have my CTX replaced immediately. I know others have said that ML doesn't care about their customers but I am super impressed by the level of service I am receiving. This is top notch in my book and this is how brand loyalty gets built for me. It also speaks to the quality of the metal detecting community. I know I belong to the best hobby and it's proven over and over every day.

As an update. Jamie contacted me directly, arranged to have my CTX replaced immediately. I know others have said that ML doesn't care about their customers but I am super impressed by the level of service I am receiving. This is top notch in my book and this is how brand loyalty gets built for me. It also speaks to the quality of the metal detecting community. I know I belong to the best hobby and it's proven over and over every day.

I like good service.
Sounds like you are getting some.
Love seeing manufacturers reps step in on forums too.

Kudos to Minelab.

Final follow up regarding my CTX. Jamie arranged to have my new CTX shipped out via UPS 2 day air. It'll be here Friday afternoon. I can't begin to tell you how great this type of customer service is.

That's great. Makes me feel better about buying my Excals.

Glad that you're getting the problem resolved and your ctx replaced.
But what caused the problem in the first place?
It would be good to know so others don't suffer the same grief .....:no:

I agree. I have no clue. To be quite honest I will probably be very afraid to connect it to xchange once I get it. I'm pretty sure it's something ML is aware of as it was taken care of asap. I did find a few others who seemed to have the same problem. Bottom line is they took care of me lightning fast when compared to other companies. I've fought longer fighting Ford and Chevy to get them to honor their warranties.

Welcome to the club. CTX is like a motorcycle rider. Those who've been down, and those who are going down. I get nervous every time I cut mine on since its now out of warranty. Luckily my screen only went out once. A friends broke 4 times under warranty. I still would buy another one though.

Back
Top Bottom