• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Excal help

LIBear

Forum Supporter
Looking to pick up an Excalibur. I mainly hunt dry sand and shallow water. For the experienced user, would you suggest the 8 or 10 inch coil and what else do I need to know? And if anyone knows of someone selling a good used unit I would appreciate the info. If not I've already contacted some sponsors and awaiting return calls

Excalibur 2

Looking to pick up an Excalibur. I mainly hunt dry sand and shallow water. For the experienced user, would you suggest the 8 or 10 inch coil and what else do I need to know? And if anyone knows of someone selling a good used unit I would appreciate the info. If not I've already contacted some sponsors and awaiting return calls

Great Detector for Salt or Fresh water
Great prices
PM, ME
dennis

I'm not an experienced user as I just got mine recently, but I use the 10" and love it. Unless the beach is super trashy, I don't see a benefit to a 8" coil as the 10" is going to cover more ground. As a side note I don't believe any of the new Excals come with 8" coils anymore (unless you buy used of course). You will love it, the Excals is one of those machines that you can really personalize with mods (I like to tinker so that really appealed to me). I use a Plugger straight shaft with the controls mounted behind the elbow. It balances the machine perfectly and I can swing that sucker all day without fatigue....and the machine is deep to!

10. Get the 8 if you have a reason to get the 8 (diving, rocky/heavy trash areas, etc), otherwise get the 10. I use a 10'' excal for shallow water and a 17'' on my CTX for the beach.

Back
Top Bottom