• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Which Pinpointer for Young Kids?

flysar

I bought a used Tesoro Silver for my young grandkids (7-9) to use under my supervision; start with tot lots.
Now I'm looking for a pinpointer that is a one touch button or switch for on/off and rugged, rugged probably most important. Vibrate would be nice but I'm sure I can muffle it.
I use a Garrett Carrot and had the black and Whites Bullseye II at one time so I'm familiar with them but know there are others.

I bought a used Tesoro Silver for my young grandkids (7-9) to use under my supervision; start with tot lots.
Now I'm looking for a pinpointer that is a one touch button or switch for on/off and rugged, rugged probably most important. Vibrate would be nice but I'm sure I can muffle it.
I use a Garrett Carrot and had the black and Whites Bullseye II at one time so I'm familiar with them but know there are others.

Give them the carrot it's easier to see. But you might want to get the Garrett pp II, I know if you press the button a certin way on the carrot you can change the sensitivity. They will problay be so excited with finding treasure and pick it it. Leaving your pinpointer or digger behind is a mistake you'll only make once.

As you mentioned, the off function on the carrot could easily be held not long enough to shut off or to long and enter the sensitivity mode. It's out!
I'll have to look into the operation of the new black. The old black was press on and press off pretty easy but I had problems with the switch on 2 and that is why I went with the carrot.
The bullseye was easy operation as well I may be looking for a used one unless some other ideas come up.
Thank you for your input.

I found a good deal on a used, original black, propointer and my 6 yr old grandson did well with it... Single press button, Light - it's on, No Light - it's off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom