Help!!!! Garrett 250 Pinpointing

SGWiley

I have been watching videos and trying my best, but I must be doing something wrong.

i sweep laft to right, then step to the side and go in the other direction...just to form a cross and get an idea of a center....then p lace the coil about 6-10 inches away and hit pinpoint....it goes off full strength before im even near the quarter?!?! so i let go and press again and it still goes off.....

its been very random and i almost feel like giving up.

Don't give up! It WILL get better. Have you made sure that the area you are practicing in is free of other metal? Try to find a "clean" area if you have not. I bought my 250 about a year ago and it took a good 10-20 hours to get beyond a beginner status. Keep trying and you will get the hang of it.:grin:

i just figured something out!!!!! When i start to pinpoint, i need to lift the coil a bit as i creep in! it's been right over the practice quarter EVERY time!!!!!!

Love those Aha moments! :)

Good to know you figured it out. No one wants to see people get frustrated and give up on our great hobby. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Thanks Ron,

I prob wouldn't have given up...but damn, eveyone on here made it look / sound so easy! I can't wait for Saturday morning when i can go out for about 5 hours! I just got this machine yesterday and only have short periods after work to mess around a bit.

:)

Don't know why everyone makes it so hard. I just lift my coil 5-8" every time before I press pinpoint and it's always in the little arch in the middle of the coil. In fact, most of the time I raise the coil and pinpoint in motion and never use the pinpoint button..:?:

Thanks Nav! I still miss my old unit, but luckily we keep in touch on Facebook!

I'm going to a county park tomorrow to hit the baseball field, and also the edge of the parking lots :)

I usually move the coil over to the side a foot or two , push the button and then come in from the side , but whatever works for you. It overloads the detector to push the button right over the target , especially if the object is large or shallow.

Back
Top Bottom