Navy Button, Army Navy Civil War Token, lead, etc

NHKeith

Forum Supporter
I went to an old spot in Lyndeborough NH where I found an Indian head in a prior hunt.

I dug two wheats early in my hunt, 1934, and 1939.
I then pull an Indian head at 6+ inches. (see below)
by another tree I get a nice Navy Button, Scoville MFG Co Waterbury

I find lots of lead, bullet casings, horse shoe like thing, wedge for cutting wood?

at the end of my hunt I go back to the place where I found the coins earlier, and I pull a really really worn 1917 Mercury dime. I think its my 13 silver of the year. I think I only found 3/4 last year so I am blowing last years total away.

So I get my indian back home and give it a hot peroxide bath, well it turns out to not be an Indian, its a Army Navy civil war token.

one side has a Wreath with an anchor, swords and says Army And Navy
the other side says: The Federal Union Must and Shall Be Preserved with 13 stars

the peroxide bath removed a piece of the patina off the token.

I tried to get my macro setting on my camera working, but the pics come out blurry.

Navy Button (front)

Navy Button (back) Scoville MFG Co Waterbury

1917 Mercury Dime (WORN)

Army Navy 1863 Civil War Token:

Here is what it originally looked like before It was lost, and I fried it with proxide.
$(KGrHqR,!hwE5c75l,E2BObTUd5K(g~~60_3.JPG

Other stuff:

Ax Head or Wood Cutting Wedge?

Congrats on the token. I actually found the same exact one here in Rhode Island last week. How did you clean it off? I haven't touched mine yet. Congrats on a great hunt.

Congrats on the token. I actually found the same exact one here in Rhode Island last week. How did you clean it off? I haven't touched mine yet. Congrats on a great hunt.

I thought it was an indian head, so I killed my token in hot peroxide, since I thought it was a IH.

the one photo'd is an example of what I can see under a loope. the green disk is my token...

Back
Top Bottom