questions on what civil war items ring up as?

73transam

i wanted t know how to do civil war relic hunting and how you guys do it.

so today i was in all metal and got lots of iron hits only to find nails in the holes and 2 peices of a horseshoe. so i notched out the iron and just dug stuff over 40 and found some bullets.

so what do you guys do. Do you guys dig everything even iron?

also can anyone tell me where a civil war gun parts or sword or belt buckle fall?

i just wanna make sure that if i am notching out iron i wont miss out on the good stuff?

thanks for your help guys

Some buckles are brass, and solder filled, On my F2, brass shows as a dime...

If you notch iron on a CW site, you can miss several items that are iron or steel. Check out Tabdogs CW albums, he has several great relics that showed as iron... :)

Some buckles are brass, and solder filled, On my F2, brass shows as a dime...

If you notch iron on a CW site, you can miss several items that are iron or steel. Check out Tabdogs CW albums, he has several great relics that showed as iron... :)

thanks, i just looked at his album, i see what you are saying.

What

What machine are using. I would say if your in area that is not trashy such as a corn field or a remote area dig it all . Also go for the deep targets and bouncy deep. Some machines are better than others with giving you a idea whats there.

Pretty much what others said, if you're in a known civil war area, dig everything! Btw, love your firebird. I got a 73 Cuda' 500 hp. Love them muscle cars.

Grapeshot cannon ball.
One of my best and most cherished finds...ever!

Comes in as a 7-8 solid iron on my F2...fades out a little bit above iron on the disc knob using my Vaquero.
I found it with my Vaq in all metal and I was lucky I was in that setting when I swung over it or I would have missed it.
This was NOT in an area that relics were even suspected could be found...I was actually just looking for coins near a pathway in a public park and I switched to AM for a bit, and just for a change of pace.
Like I said, I was real lucky on this one.

If I hunt for relics I am always in all metal at all times.
You might come across a nice and rare buckle that is 7 inches down...with a rusted horshoe right above it at 5 inches.
Take no chances...Dig it all!

Attachments

• iron.jpg
    iron.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 218
Back
Top Bottom