Coin Club!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
I'm telling you, one of the absolute best resources for us Detectorists is to become a member of your local Numismatic Club! Dues are $7/yr...We got a good little one here...Tonight we were treated to Banana splits even!

So heres the format...Mingle, trade, sell, talk..If you want, you can put things up on the auction table....Meeting opens with the Pledge of Allegiance..then the minutes are read, then the treasury report, then business and upcoming events and coin shows in the area coming up...Then a little 5 min break, then the raffle starts, after that the Auction and off you go....

Just a tremendous outlet For us as detectorists to have our finds evaluated, sold if you want, hunting areas gained, friendships with like minded people..I sold 9 dirt found war nickles for $10, a dozen dirt buffalos for $3, 19 dirt wheat pennies for a buck, and bought myself a Peace Dollar at the auction! Plus I pulled a BF Half for the Door Prize drawing, had a Banana split, drank a gallon of free coffee, got to fondle coins all evening for free!!:laughing:

We detectorists are welcomed and not scorned at all! Its really a cool deal if you dont have a Detecting club or dont want to get involved in one...find a little Coin Club to go to...see some cool old silver, or take some of your finds to show around!

Attachments

• coin club.jpg
    coin club.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 199
  • coin club1.jpg
    coin club1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 194
  • coin club2.jpg
    coin club2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 202
  • coin club3.jpg
    coin club3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 194
  • coin club4.jpg
    coin club4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Neat idea Mud, thanks for sharing that !

......and the door prize is really nice too !

I really enjoy this format as an outlet in conjunction with detecting and hanging out here on the Forum of course..Its a good fit for us..The amazing base of knowledge of Numismatics, Gold, Tokens, etc within the membership...and hey, thats what we hunt for..:lol:

That sounds like fun but unfortunately for me... I became deathly allergic to all tree nuts, peanuts, soy and MSG 12 years ago out of the blue.

I have to be very careful where I go to make sure that nuts are no where around me (family excluded :laughing: ) so I havent really socialized for all these years.

That sounds like fun but unfortunately for me... I became deathly allergic to all tree nuts, peanuts, soy and MSG 12 years ago out of the blue.

I have to be very careful where I go to make sure that nuts are no where around me (family excluded :laughing: ) so I havent really socialized for all these years.

Allergic to all kinds of Nuts? And you live in Oregon? Wow! How do you manage to survive? Do you roll around in one of those big plastic bio-spheres like the Bubble Boy?? Maybe you should consider relocating to a more hospitable 'Nut Free' environment for health reasons? Surely theres a .Gov program available that will assist? Kansas perhaps, or South Dakota? Sure, theres Nuts there too, but at least they are spread out a bit so a guy can catch his breath between flare ups!.. :laughing:

Last edited:
Sounds like a great idea, I'll see what they got here in GR, I think i'll take half of my gran-kids with me, they'll have a ball.....cause they sure love ice cream!!!!

I'm telling you, one of the absolute best resources for us Detectorists is to become a member of your local Numismatic Club! Dues are $7/yr...We got a good little one here...Tonight we were treated to Banana splits even!

So heres the format...Mingle, trade, sell, talk..If you want, you can put things up on the auction table....Meeting opens with the Pledge of Allegiance..then the minutes are read, then the treasury report, then business and upcoming events and coin shows in the area coming up...Then a little 5 min break, then the raffle starts, after that the Auction and off you go....

Just a tremendous outlet For us as detectorists to have our finds evaluated, sold if you want, hunting areas gained, friendships with like minded people..I sold 9 dirt found war nickles for $10, a dozen dirt buffalos for $3, 19 dirt wheat pennies for a buck, and bought myself a Peace Dollar at the auction! Plus I pulled a BF Half for the Door Prize drawing, had a Banana split, drank a gallon of free coffee, got to fondle coins all evening for free!!:laughing:

We detectorists are welcomed and not scorned at all! Its really a cool deal if you dont have a Detecting club or dont want to get involved in one...find a little Coin Club to go to...see some cool old silver, or take some of your finds to show around!

Man, that is a pretty sweet deal. .Need to find one of those local. $7 for a banana spit is the going rate, anyways... LOL

I dropped out of our club shortly after renewing my dues the second year. Insanely boring, 15 old farts packed into a 15x15 room, all they talk about is high-brow coin grading...no coffee even! Hard to stay awake! I suppose it'd be up to me to spruce it up but I don't have the spare energy -

Looks like you have some fun meetings Mud!

Back
Top Bottom