suspicious activity

Korban

So i went detecting on campus again. This time though the campus security guy came over ( nice guy...know him personally) said that he got a call from someone that report suspicious activity....which was me digging in the ground :lol:

He told me i should talk to the dean to make sure its ok dig behind the building i was at, because it was an old burial ground.

I had only been out like 15 mins, was really dissapointed and annoyed. But we chatted about my finds and i let him look over my machine and fielded some wuestions about what it could do...he wished me luck and i walked on back to my dorm.

Funny thing about the spot is that originally it was an indian burial ground. then the pioneers buried over it....then the school built on top of both of them. To the point that there are litterally bones sticking out of the dirt foundation inside the basement of the building. Somehow i doubt my digging a foot down is going to matter.....but i will of course go and get written permission.

Interesting, disapointing day, but i learned i need to get things writtien down....plus no harm came of it.

i agree with the bad mojo. however im not digging to find anything of the sort. The building that is there is the oldest on campus so im looking for coins. Besides im not going that deep. Besides the whole campus is built on this plateau that was a burial area. Any time a building is put up they bring in archeologists to check for remains. Downtown the old safeway got torn down and they found where an old chinese opium den was when they worked here for the railroad back in the 1800s

Yeah , you gotta watch out for those dudes with metal detectors...they're a bad bunch ! At the parks over here, you've got drug addicts and drunks whiling away the hours until the sun goes down, and it's time for some night - time mischief ; dog owners making sure park patrons have plenty o' crap to step in , and a nice assortment of J.D.'S seeing just how much abuse the park equipment can withstand before succumbing to metal fatigue....no problem...let some guy with a screwdiver and a metal detector set foot on this public property and it's time for the authorities to sound the "panty wad " alert.... Roadrunner_426

yeah i think i will beable to detect here...but when i talk to whomever has the final say im getting it in writing in the small notebook i just bought that i will carry from now on in my tool pouch.

Back
Top Bottom