National Minelabbing Day - Toronto

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Well most of you went to NJ to get the hunt in, but for us northerners, Canada was a little closer ehh!? It was fun digging foreign coins and even got a few wheats and silvers US style too.

I guess the hunt there last year was poorly organized and the local hunters said it was much better this time around. I wouldn't know because last year I went to the Chicago location and it was top notch but they didn't host this year so off to Canada we went!

I dug my Ace off at this hunt. They did 3 seperate hunts and all together I dug 243 good targets! It was on the beach so of course it wasn't clean and I pulled up numerous caps and tabs as well. They had many giveaways and we the Americans even made off with one! My buddy's wife ended up getting drawn and won the Etrac! She doesn't even detect but came down for the event to give it a go... needless to say... my buddy has an Etrac in the family now!

We stayed an extra night and I dug a nice fat Silver ring in a park right by the hotel. FYI, current Canadian clad comes in like !!!! and since they don't use pennies... I swear everyone went in to the streets and just tossed them away because that is about all the coins we found and they were every few inches along the ground!!!

Thanks Canada for your treasures!

Attachments

• CAM00221.jpg
    CAM00221.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 472
  • CAM00222.jpg
    CAM00222.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 251
  • CAM00220.jpg
    CAM00220.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 243
Ace,

Met you at last years Indiana dunes Minelab event.Looks like you did well up in Canada, they even mixed it up coinwise whereas last years in Indiana was only a penny and silver dime hunt.Any reason why there was no midwest Minelab hunt this year?HH.

No idea why the midwest didn't have one. Guessing that there was no partner store that wanted to host the event along with Minelab...

I so wanted to go to that event but didn't have anyone to share expenses. Lucky you!!! Would have liked to get in the water at that beach too.

I so wanted to go to that event but didn't have anyone to share expenses. Lucky you!!! Would have liked to get in the water at that beach too.

We hoped in the water the next day a few miles down the road... very rocky... touch digging... cold water... welcome to Canada EH!

Back
Top Bottom