Summer days

albiediggin

Elite Member
Well finally able to get a real nice used water machine. With summer right around the corner I figured I would give it a shot :D. Very excited cause I wanted to get into this last year but couldn't. Ended up with a Tesoro Tiger shark for $350 and figured at that price and only doing freshwater it would be great way to learn. Hope I made a good choice and I hope I have enough time to be in the water :roll:. Great way to spend a hot day when its just too hot for anything else :yes:. Seems simple to use after doing an air test with a small gold ring, a quarter and crumpled alum foil. Can hear the different tones clearly and simple to discriminate iron nails. I have read quite a lot of threads hear which gave me a lot of information on different types of detecting and which kind of machine are good for certain situations. Thanks everyone for some great knowledge about this hobby. Can't wait to get out there and see what happens :cool:.

You have a smoking hot fresh water machine. The Tiger is well known. Lots of guys like a meter to look at but you do not need it. Dig it all above iron. That is a deep machine so you need a good water scoop. Good luck and show us your finds!

Good choice indeed. Once you put your time in and understand what its telling you, Run it HOT....push it to its limit! g/l

Thanks again everyone :cool:..... sounds like it was an excellent choice. Think I accidentally did a double post cause I didn't think one went through, feel kinda dumb :lol:. But sounds very encouraging and will have to invest in a nice camera now!!!!! When I bought it the salesman jokingly said "watch, you'll probably find a $20,000 ring" cause he sold me the MXT and I showed him all the stuff that I found in the last 3 1/2 years :roll:!!! Had great success in this hobby and hopefully more to come :D

Heard nothing but good things about that machine. Make sure to make a strap of some sort to keep the latches from popping open if one catches on your pocket. Some thick elastic Velcro would work well, just need to block the the tab so nothing can get under it.

Let us know how it works!

Back
Top Bottom