• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another Toy to Add in Collection.

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Went out to the woods again yesterday with 5 others in a detecting group. Three of us got a silver dime and one got a 1901 Indian head penny. Pickings were slim and it took me a long time before I got my coil over the dime. It was my last good signal.
But I found another treasure I actually like more. An old lead toy lantern. I enjoy finding lead toys Fun day. I know there is more silver hiding in there. Just have to find out where!

What's the story on the collection of little toys at the bottom? Most of them look like they go together. Were they a sandbox spill?

What's the story on the collection of little toys at the bottom? Most of them look like they go together. Were they a sandbox spill?

They are the ones I have found over the years. The trolly cars, the trumpets and at least one of the cars, and the boat are from Cracker Jacks.

This is my collection I have in a case at home

Neat finds Robert !!!!! :thumbsup:

I remember back when Crackerjack had other than paper based prizes like they later changed to, usually plastic toys, but the lead prizes were way before my time as a kid :lol: .......not sure what they offer as prizes now as it's been a while since I bought Crackerjack.

Only glanced at it, but I found a web site about the history of Crackerjack - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Jack

Cool toy collection! I have also saved a few miniature toys and have a small collection started. Congrats, looking forward to the next post from these woods!

I like the lead toys, and the lantern is cool. I've found a number of them at the beach -- none are complete but they're fun to find. You have a sweet little collection there!

nice collection.

i found a little pepperbox pistol, think its a pot metal, and years later playing Clue game with my granddaughter there it is, one of the game piece murder weapons! sounds morbid for a kid but she works her brain and most the time wins using deductive methods. good detective!

were the old monopoly pieces lead or antimony or bismuth?

the oddiities are the most interesting and amusing finds for sure.

good job!

The little metal lantern is cool... nice find! :thumbsup: It's interesting to wonder about the children who once played with toys like that. Considering the imaginative creativity that playthings like this would encourage, I think kids today are missing out! :)

That must be what these below are (Crackerjacks). I found these years ago in the Gary Indiana dunes:

Attachments

• toys.jpg
    toys.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 250
Back
Top Bottom