Wireless system for Safari-Z-Lynk?

Coinshooter4054

I have browsed many threads here about wireless headphones and think that I would like the Garrett Z-Lynk. Any thoughts? Has anyone here used it on the Minelab Safari? I know that most are going with Bluetooth, I am worried about lag time.

I have the ZLynk system on my ATPro. There is no lag time with it. I don't know why it would be any different on your machine. I also have the ZLynk pinpointer. I really like hearing it in my headphones.

Cliff

Not sure I ever used my z link on a Safari but I've used it in the etrac and explorer, never had a problem or lag.. and the zlink last forever it seems

I have browsed many threads here about wireless headphones and think that I would like the Garrett Z-Lynk. Any thoughts? Has anyone here used it on the Minelab Safari? I know that most are going with Bluetooth, I am worried about lag time.

I have the Z-Lynk transmitter and receiver for my AT Pro and it's a good product. It pairs instantly and the internal batteries last a long time. Plus, you have the option of the z-lynk pinpointer to hear those in your headphones, too.

With that said, it's a fairly expensive solution to get 17ms lag compared to 30ms for low latency bluetooth. It's highly unlikely you can tell the difference, nor would it matter if you could. Low-latency bluetooth transmitters and headphones are relatively inexpensive and offer more choice.

You'll need the Z-Lynk transmitter, the headphone cable adapter, and a pair of Garrett Z-Lynk headphones. Or, you can buy the Z-Lynk kit that has both transmitter and receiver, choose your own (wired) headphones to plug into the receiver, which you clip onto your belt.

For my Minelab Explorer II I have a small low latency Bluetooth transmitter and that pairs with low latency headphones. It works great with long battery life and cost about 60 dollars total for the transmitter and headphones. Plus, I sometimes use them for other devices that don't have built-in Bluetooth.

I have the Z-Lynk transmitter and receiver for my AT Pro and it's a good product. It pairs instantly and the internal batteries last a long time. Plus, you have the option of the z-lynk pinpointer to hear those in your headphones, too.

With that said, it's a fairly expensive solution to get 17ms lag compared to 30ms for low latency bluetooth. It's highly unlikely you can tell the difference, nor would it matter if you could. Low-latency bluetooth transmitters and headphones are relatively inexpensive and offer more choice.

You'll need the Z-Lynk transmitter, the headphone cable adapter, and a pair of Garrett Z-Lynk headphones. Or, you can buy the Z-Lynk kit that has both transmitter and receiver, choose your own (wired) headphones to plug into the receiver, which you clip onto your belt.

For my Minelab Explorer II I have a small low latency Bluetooth transmitter and that pairs with low latency headphones. It works great with long battery life and cost about 60 dollars total for the transmitter and headphones. Plus, I sometimes use them for other devices that don't have built-in Bluetooth.
There are definitely options out there. It all depends what you want/need. I bought the kit for my ATPro because I wanted to lose the cables and I liked the option to have the pinpointer in the headphones. I have only had one problem with charging the module and I sent it back to Garmin and had a replacement in just a couple days.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom