Filling holes and Time

Kob was a nickname given to me many years ago by some very respected hunters of day who have since passed. Funny guesses: keep trying !!!

I was making a play on KOB

K.eeps O.n B.acktracking

I congratulate you on inevitablely making a post that will get you removed. It's no surprise. You will not be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So then I just get back on with a different name and email ? You're too much stiff wrists!
Man enough to dish it out, but not man enough to take it ? Gl & HH... be nice

Lumps ? Nah... this ain't nothing. The the majority don't get.. but that's ok...Feeble minded and mentally challenged are a way of life for so many. Photos ? Maybe I will post some epic pawn shop finds like a few on this site do ! Lol...

Well a truer fact indeed.... the shoe fits and you are wearing it

So then I just get back on with a different name and email ? You're too much stiff wrists!
Man enough to dish it out, but not man enough to take it ? Gl & HH... be nice

Everyone is entitled to their opinions including you... what we look down on is the name calling and you did it again with mudpuppy.. don't do it again...

One more thing a new email and name will not get back online at Friendly... we manually register members to keep the trouble makers off of our site.

Oh so NOW I'm the bad guy? :laughing::laughing: King Of Beers!

Yes, Mud. You were always the bad guy! In your creative writing, you have been guilty of proverbially "not filling in your holes". Not everyone can see them, after all. It requires some level of common sense of humor. This poor sap (Karma Or Bust)strolls in, thinking he can pull a Mud-Puppy and get away with it...down he goes! Faceplant on the friendly! Never saw the "holes". After reading all this, it sounds like he landed on a few sharp objects too. :laughing:

What's hard for me fathom it's a good idea to fill your holes. The strange thing I never heard a child told to fill their holes for leaving large gaping holes easily ten times larger than anything I ever would.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions including you... what we look down on is the name calling and you did it again with mudpuppy.. don't do it again...

One more thing a new email and name will not get back online at Friendly... we manually register members to keep the trouble makers off of our site.

Oh man that made me so happy to read he wont be able to make it back in . Block his IP Address . No More Of That .

What's hard for me fathom it's a good idea to fill your holes. The strange thing I never heard a child told to fill their holes for leaving large gaping holes easily ten times larger than anything I ever would.

Nothing we can do about parents who likely helped their kids dig that hole. But it’s ok by the public....until it ain’t. I was a dirt digger for years too and I saw first hand signs being posted at parks and city property ...and more and more access dried up. Yet we did less damage than a lawn mower. Some hunters already need permits to hunt. One person now days and a cell phone can do a lot of damage to our hobby. Those in charge tend to find it easier to tell us NO than face pressure from the public, media, or their boss

Oh man that made me so happy to read he wont be able to make it back in . Block his IP Address . No More Of That .

As a general rule, we do not like to block IP addresses. The only way to do that is to place the checks way down deep in the system and if the list gets to become large, it bogs the whole system down.

Funny story. I just got a Nox 600 & made my first trip to a Washington beach last weekend. Little did I know that it was clamming season. Beach was packed as far as you could see. NOT ONE of them even considers filling holes.

I think people understood the comparison you were trying to make; they just aren't buying it. The comparison between leaving un-dug trash targets in the ground and leaving holes unfilled isn't as on the mark as you seem to think it is. Also, the replies were nowhere near 50-50.

A person who passes up what they think is trash is not making a situation worse. A person who leaves an unfilled hole is making a situation worse. No comparison.

The person skipping a trash target will use that time to dig a more promising signal, which will usually be trash and will be removed.

The person not filling holes uses that time to...wait for it....dig even more unfilled holes.

not filling holes even on beaches where yes the tide will fill it up, is a very visual mark that puts a bad label on all detectorists. And yes, someone coming behind you ten minutes could step in the hole and twist an ankle.

it does not take that much time to fill a hole anywhere.

I don't know about you guys, but I have read two of kob's posts. this one about holes and about donations and I have to conclude I would not hunt with a person like kob. I wonder if he is a suspended refugee other MD forums and wearing out a welcome on Friendly.

Lumps ? Nah... this ain't nothing. The the majority don't get.. but that's ok...Feeble minded and mentally challenged are a way of life for so many. Photos ? Maybe I will post some epic pawn shop finds like a few on this site do ! Lol...

Ok, this guy lives entirely in his own universe. Or he just likes to piss everyone off and laughs. Funny way to waste your time.

Back
Top Bottom