Chinese copper coin in MT?

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
As weird as it sounds, I dug this coin in an old schoolyard a few days ago. It is midway between a quarter and a half dollar in size .Near as I can tell it is over 100 years old. This is the second Chinese coin i have dug. I now have dug coins from India, China, South Africa, Italy, Mexico and of course , Canada.
Always interesting to dig a foreign coin and wonder how it got buried in the dirt on the other side of the world.

Attachments

• Chinese copper 1.jpg
    Chinese copper 1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Chinese copper 2.jpg
    Chinese copper 2.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 246
That is a beauty! Nice to hear you have found such a variety of foreign coins :)

Neat to get into the international scene digging coins. I always wonder of that coins history, the how it got there. That is except for the Canadian coins as they are pretty common. Nice digging, Congrats! Trapper

Cool coin. So many Chinese were in MT. Always fun finding old and foreign coins. I'm up to 23 countries just found in the USA detecting. Foriegn coins are often passed up by others as they give a funny reading different from targets they are used to. Another reason to dig all good signals.
I'll be back in Montana in June. Look forward to getting out detecting there again.

Back
Top Bottom