Disappointing 7" 60 cent Coin Spill

Onaug

Elite Member
After over 4 weeks I finally get the car after work to do a hunt at a local park. 3 active drivers 1 car. :mad:

The first half of my time was a couple dozen rings. Well the machine said it should have been rings but you can guess what they were. :laughing: So I am frustrated and heading back to the car swinging when I get an 8 inch dime penny VDI with a good smooth sound. I am thinking SILVER! Doubting it because I am not that lucky with silver, I start circling to test is at different angles. Now I see clad quarter dime. Then clad quarter dime swinging the other way. :?: Is the quarter moving? :shock: The dime sounds like silk but the quarter sounded like clad at 6-8". The pinpoint said 6" when I touched down to the ground.

So I dig and almost immediately hit old clay ground and no fill. Old house, old ground, clay soil, now a park and now i'm thinking the dime has to be silver at least. It's just old enough here for Mercs even. The dime was showing penny dime with a sweet sound so i'm thinking thin silver dime?? Almost 6 inches down the pro pointer is silent. :digginahole: :frustrated: I go two more inches and buzzzz. It is in the wall. Bad pinpoint...bad pinpoint.

Out pops a clay caked quarter. I wonder why It said dime...meh deep old clay maybe. Buzzzz...there is the dime. Buzzz huh another quarter. I drag the hold and the pointer goes silent. 3 clay caked silvers???? :iwish: At least the dime. :iwish: for merc...

I walk over to my wife who was happy listening to her radio watching me dig and hand her 3 clay caked coins. I ask her "please say those are silver". she cleans to see the dates: quarter 2000 :pullhair:, dime 1980 :no:can't be, quarter 1966 :crying: there is no love under this moon!

My wife says, it's money go get me some more..... After grumbling something about clad !!!! at 7", I went back to swing. I got maybe a foot away and silky quarter 86-87 pegged at 10". I circle it 360 degrees and quarter 10" no deviation at all. Finger on pinpoint and wife waves at me frantically. Daughter called with emergency and wanted the doctor. No thought other than throwing my detector then didn't and piled everything back in the car to rush back.

She just wanted the car to pick her friend up from work...

Pictures tomorrow if anyone doubts I found 3 clay much covered clad coins in a hole just longer than my lesche. Too tired tonight after 4 hours of daughter drama. Wasn't it just father's day? I don't feel the love. :no2:

Good night. I hope my epic silver fail made someone smile at some point.

I was on a site last weekend that has had folks living on it back to mid 1800's. Thus far I have dragged nothing but clad off of it. Gives me a heart attack every time I get a coin signal.

Gotta buy your household some more cars. I got 5 cars for 3 drivers. Never can be too safe. If your one breaks down, your screwed

Onaug 😅 Great story . Love the part where your wife look at you after the silver let down says to your long saddend face. , "its money .. Now go get me some more ".
Roflmfao !

Sorry, I had to laugh. Been there done that. Congratulations on your finds. lol

Happens more often than anyone would like. My favorite was digging a zincoln at 8.5 inches. Not sure how it got that deep. There must have been some park department work a while a go. I was sure it was an IH.

I went back today. I could not find that real deep quarter signal. The ground isn't as wet today. I got a little bit of clad and a copper baseball medallion. Cleaning it up now and I will post a pic later.

Attachments

• 062616.jpg
    062616.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom