Ants!

Silversmith45

Elite Member
Anyone have a sure fire method of getting rid of those small ants. They ignore everything I've tried. A few years ago I bought some ant bait that worked great, but I guess they quit making it. I can't even remember the name.

Anyone have a sure fire method of getting rid of those small ants. They ignore everything I've tried. A few years ago I bought some ant bait that worked great, but I guess they quit making it. I can't even remember the name.

Is this a house infestation? If it is all I could suggest is calling a bug guy or do an online search. If you go to chemicals indoors do your homework first. It's easy to get into trouble.

OT

In the house or in the yard, you can use Diatomatious Earth to get rid of the little pests. It's safe for humans and pets, but deadly to insects and the like. It's all natural and can be ingested by people and pets to rid our systems of parasites. Just make sure you get 'food grade' if YOU want to ingest it.

Know what DE will kill and won't kill and how it works. When considering DE as a pest control product, it can be safely used around all types of animals and is only deadly for pests like insects. It is not harmful to earthworms. Among the list of pests that it kills and repels are: ants, termites, slugs, snails, fleas, fly maggots, aphids. bed bugs, mites, ticks, roaches, earwigs, scorpions, cutworms, ear worms, lawn grubs, grass hoppers, and many more. It does not kill due to a chemical action like most toxic poisons but rather kills by the structure of its sharp microscopic edges. The hard bodies of the pests are sliced open by the material and it literally drys them out and they die. Complete insect control may take several days as the insects die off, but whereas chemical poisons act fast and have a short residual effect, diatomaceous earth, while working slower will remain active and nontoxic as long as it remains in the environment.

Read more: How to Use Diatomaceous Earth safely for Pest Control | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5049476_use-earth-safely-pest-control.html#ixzz0uwa7LWSc

Go to your nearest fertilizer/chemical agr supplier and ask for a prodict called tempo it is safe to use inside its used in restaraunts a lot comes in a small 50ml bottle and makes about 5 gall of finished product works great no smell lasts a good long time

When I think of Ants .... It reminds me of that 1954 scary Movie called Them. About of course Ants... Huge ones. :lol:

Attachments

• Them02.jpg
    Them02.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 132
The stuff that worked was called "Diazinon" or something like that. Great stuff, but they pulled it off the market.

I've been battling ants in my yard this year. There were mounds about every three inches in all directions. I have applied the insect killers you can buy at the hardware store (Like "Seven") since early summer and I have finally beaten them back. Now they are just at one end of the lawn and the mounds are 4 or 5 feet apart. I've used about 6 or 7 bags so far.

Good luck!
-Mike-

Try this: buy some boric acid powder at the drug store, dissolve some in a couple tablespoons of honey (as much as will dissolve), then put it out in small bottlecaps where you see the ants. It has worked for me. It doesn't kill them right away, but they carry the honey with boron back to the colony and it poisons the colony. In a few days you will notice that there are no more ants. It's also cheap, worth trying before you call an exterminator, or start dousing the house with pesticide.

Try this: buy some boric acid powder at the drug store, dissolve some in a couple tablespoons of honey (as much as will dissolve), then put it out in small bottlecaps where you see the ants. It has worked for me. It doesn't kill them right away, but they carry the honey with boron back to the colony and it poisons the colony. In a few days you will notice that there are no more ants. It's also cheap, worth trying before you call an exterminator, or start dousing the house with pesticide.

Yep,, It works:yes::yes::yes:

Tim

What a great way to recycle the bottle caps we find. ;)

Is there something we can do with the pop tabs? :?:

That boric acid treatment sounds good.... I usually get some ants in early spring... then they disappear after I spray etc. Will try that as well. RickO

Back
Top Bottom