Nickel question for any Canadian CRHers

marcomo

I recently dug a 1950 nickel and, unlike US nickels, it came out of the ground looking good.

That made me look up the composition of the Canadian nickel and I found out that except for a few WWII and Korean War years, the Canadian nickel was minted from pure 99.9% nickel.

Based on current nickel prices, that makes the intrinsic value of these nickels over 20 cents.

Any of you Canucks searching rolls for these pure nickel nickels? Are there enough still in circulation to even make it worthwhile?

Thanks for your feedback, King. I didn't post there because I know the value, I was just wondering if any Canadian roll hunters were searching for the pure nickels. I now realize I screwed up my math thinking a calculator for pure nickel Canadian nickels was a calculator for US 25% ones. I screwed up. Sorry

Thanks for your feedback, King. I didn't post there because I know the value, I was just wondering if any Canadian roll hunters were searching for the pure nickels. I now realize I screwed up my math thinking a calculator for pure nickel Canadian nickels was a calculator for US 25% ones. I screwed up. Sorry

I'm not a Canadian coin roll hunter but I can tell you from ones that I know. That yes there are Canadian coin roll hunters that search for the pure nickel canadian nickels.

Back
Top Bottom