First Time Digging Dirt!

kids&coins

I just got back from a quick search of a local park. It was my first time digging dirt and I actually got pretty good at digging my plugs :yes:. Not big finds, 8 pennies and a nickle, but what is cool (at least I think it's cool) is I found one of the pennies in the same hole as the nickel - which explained the strange signal I was getting. I almost didn't dig it, but I'm glad I did :D.

wtg, Right before the snow set in i had a bouncy signal that was all over the place but it pinpointed at 3" so i dug it. At the 3" mark was a nail to the right, trash on the left and a 1943 war nickel in the middle. You truly never know until you dig.

Good hunt and great finds for first dirt dig . We all started that way and it takes time and practice but the more your out the better you learn your machine and the better your hunts get . Have fun and enjoy the hobby that's the main thing . Congrats nice finds....

Harold

Thanks guys, so far I've only been to the beach a couple of times and the park today – so ya, I'm new to this! That is crazy YARDBYRD, just goes to show it pays to check it ALL out, that's for sure.

Sounds like your off to a good-start!..:cool:....You hittin the Erie beaches here in Ohio?

I did the happy dance when I found my first coin. It was clad, I think a dime. It's always nice to get those first ones and know this hobby does work. Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Your doing good

Often mulitple coins are refered to as coin spills..but I have a new term for some. When at the park I often walk around the Basketball court. I have found what I like to call "laydowns", these are the pocket change piles that guys rid of while playing, and forget to pick up after they're done. Good luck on future hunts and hit the courts hard. HH

Back
Top Bottom