• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My $0.02 for hunting sprink break in FL

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
There were almost as many detectorists as there were bikinis.

LOL.... literally only.found two felixs in two hours of hunting. Day 2 was a little better, but yeah im laughing/crying, lol

output14.jpg20170312_131902.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I was at a local beach last night from 10:30pm to 2am (3am DST). I found $0.64, tons of pull tabs, too many beer cans, 3 piles of garbage from fast food joints, a passed out/sleeping young lady (she later woke up and left), and two skinny dippers.

It's still early in the beach season, and only second day of Spring Break, but the garbage is ridiculous. As much as I like bikinis, I'll be happy when they're gone.

I was the only MD'er that I saw.

Stay right there on that same beach. It's going to get better. I can feel it. Actually,it couldn't get any worse, could it ?

If I ever I think I've had a crappy hunt please remind me of this post! :lol:

If I ever I think I've had a crappy hunt please remind me of this post! [emoji38]
Oh it gets worse....my 6-year old found half of those pennies with the CTX, I cant even take full credit lol lol lol

Maybe we'll try again after spring break and bike week are over. North Florida has a bunch of beaches closed due to e-coli. Not a lot of traffic up here.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Awesome to get out on a warm day. But that wind looks terrible.
Yup, steady 10 knots with gusts up to 25
Me thinks night pirates...R5
Those kids there for spring break are broke..lol.
Beats cold and snow anyday.:laughing:
..It's always good to get some fresh air though...right??
It's still early in the beach season, and only second day of Spring Break, but the garbage is ridiculous.
it couldn't get any worse, could it ?
s..my beaches are ice covered and its snowing again.:laughing: lets trade locations.:lol:
+1 , 18 degrees tonight ! ,,,, HH

Thanks for the replies everyone! For those of you looking at other posts with gold rings and such, it is just reassurance that not everyone is a plundering pirate. As mentioned, college kids are broke. If your lucky, they might lose a class ring or a silver chain.

:lol: 18 degrees...phooey!! You're right, $0.02 in the sunshine is far better than dealing with Yetti's. LOL For what its worth, I paid my dues. 32 years of Michigan winters, and I jumped at the first opportunity to move and enjoy living in FL. Y'all should do the same!!! :cool:

....and here is the competition...
(Yep, its a meme, I don't know who this guy is)

Attachments

• competition.jpg
    competition.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 373
....and here is the competition...
(Yep, its a meme, I don't know who this guy is)

Looks like he's trying to detect a piercing somewhere in the nether regions! :laughing:

What's that funny looking tree? Got nothing like that on the beaches here:laughing:

LOL I read scubadetectors comment about the wind in that pic, then thought about yesterdays hunt :laughing:

25 degrees before factoring in the 20mph steady wind and 30mph gusts.

I was at a local beach last night from 10:30pm to 2am (3am DST). I found $0.64, tons of pull tabs, too many beer cans, 3 piles of garbage from fast food joints, a passed out/sleeping young lady (she later woke up and left), and two skinny dippers......

You know the internet rules: Pic of the female skinny dipper or it didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom