• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My silver drought has ended!

OkieDigger

Forum Chipmunk
Forum Supporter
After a few hunts of not finding any silver coins and just IH's, I've finally found some silver and a quarter no less! I went back to the reservation where I've found quite a few nice items in the past and was able to find these to add to the collection. Another cub scout woggle, some type of ornament handiwork, a silver ring, 1890 IH and 1964 D quarter. While I'm happy about the finds, I'm upset with myself for scratching both the IH and the quarter. The site has a lot of iron and for some reason I was using the 14" coil. With all the trash I wasn't pinpointing very well and you see the results :mad: Oh well. At least my drought is over! :grin: I included a close up of the ring showing the indian symbols on it.

Edit: color balance was off on the camera, so I readjusted the pics in Photoshop.

Attachments

• pawfinds.jpg
    pawfinds.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 209
  • ringclose.jpg
    ringclose.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 214
Great finds, wish I had sites that produced like yours. What did the ring ID? Rob

I don't remember the exact VDI rob, but I think it came up between dime and quarter. Somewhere in the very low 80's. Personally rob, it seems like you're finding better stuff than I am :yes:

What beautiful relics Okie! You're very fortunate to have finds like these for the hunt. I think there will be a lot more finds to come. Are you griding the ground? Going ove it from different angles will help pick up sounds otherwise missed to by your detector. But, you probably know all this anyway! Just a few things I do when detecting.
Cheers Angela :grin:

OK OD, I found the Rosie to break my drought, you raised the stakes with a quarter. :shock: Looks like I gotta either find two quarters or a half to catch up with you eh. :lol: Good going my friend, glad the slump is over for ya.

Alright OD! I knew you'd smash out of that drought sooner or later, and what a way to do it! A nice ring and a quarter, plus an IH too! Congrat OD!

Re: Great day my FRIEND CONGRATS!

Hey Buddy,
Way to go :P :shock: I new it was a just  a matter of time untill you would start hitting those honey holes! You are to good of digger not to find the goodies! I am PROUD of you  buddy!! Keep up the good work, hope to see you soon!!
Your Friend
Greg

Epi I'm worried for you. Do you have any idea as to the ramifications of MD withdrawl :shock:. This is serious. Someone call an MD for the MD'er :lol:

I think you should prescribe yourself some time off :yes: MD withdrawl can damage you physically and mentally. :lol:

Thats a real nice IH and the ring is sure sweet, way to go Okie, now for something gold. It will happen, I found that bracelet like my second or third week, total luck, thought it was silver, but no tarnish and the age had pretty much worn the markings off.
So Don't give up hope you;ll find something even better yet. smg

I've already found gold this year. Silver was what I was needing to find ;)

I've found at least 6 1965 quarters at a school. It's hard to believe nobody lost any 1964's there. Nice find. Rob

Back
Top Bottom