Plantation hunt from late last week

Scott in S.C.

A friend and myself have just started hunting his families old plantation land.  The house was burned down by Sherman, and solders camped there for a few nights.  We think we have found the campsite now.  So far we had found a few primer caps here ans there and some camp lead and one ball.  I found the first button on Thursday (my first one at that)  That day I found a rivet, a civilian coat button, a front brogan tap piece and a Navy Eagle button.

scott

Attachments

• PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 312
Man Scott, those buttons are in awesome shape. Very nice finds. Good going. Gotta be more where those came from. GL&HH

Nice scott. Now that you've located the camp you should be finding all kinds of goodies. Good job!

Wow, I really love the buttons! I've found quite a few myself, but these are very ornate, and were preserved well in the soil. Good on you.
Angela :grin:

WTG Scott;
I once went down to the Estill area and did a little hunting in a covert sorta way. I hadn't any idea where I was but managed a three tined fork and an Enfield musket slug. I understand that's about where sherman's slash and burn buggers came across the Savannah. Lots of wooded land there then. Doubt much has changed. Sure would like to do it again.
Jim

Scott, do you have any idea what that button on the right is from? One of the small gold-gilded ones I found at bullet field last week is almost identical to that one. I didn't think it was military until I saw your post again.

Hi bearbqd,

I think it's from a man's coat, like a Gentleman's coat. My guess anyway. You got a pic of yours?

scott

My camera's not good enough to get a close shot, but maybe I can scan it. I'll have to do it tomorrow because my wife will have to do it on her pc and she's already in bed.

Back
Top Bottom