water hunting tip

Good tip.

I've seen similar made for specific machines and sold online, but they never made one for my Sand Shark, which has had issues with coil flip in the surf. I'll try this with a propane torch since I don't have a heat gun. Thanks!

Also....

I like this design better than the ones sold online. They have their width 90 degrees to the swing, which I'd think would create lots of resistance to swinging in the water. Your design puts the width parallel to the swing, looks like it would slice through the water much better.

Original question still remains..... what do you use to mount it to the rod to keep it from slipping up or down? Good concept by do you have to melt it to YOUR specific coil angle since there arent any adjustments?

Dew

Original question still remains..... what do you use to mount it to the rod to keep it from slipping up or down? Good concept by do you have to melt it to YOUR specific coil angle since there arent any adjustments?

Dew

use strap ties to mount it to the rod. cut them off when finished detecting. it cannot slip up or down when mounted because the coil will hold it stationary. you form it with heat to your specific coil angle.

I don't really agree with double posting threads but since its already here, how bout a pic with it attached to the detector.

I've seen similar made for specific machines and sold online, but they never made one for my Sand Shark, which has had issues with coil flip in the surf. I'll try this with a propane torch since I don't have a heat gun. Thanks!
Dave, some guys make them out of plastic coat hangers. No bending involved.

Back
Top Bottom