My first IH!

Scott in S.C.

Got out to a hard hit area this morning to test a Compass XP Pro Plus I just bought. Swung for ten minutes and found a 1949 Nick, 1984 Nick and a 1867 IH! I was so excited I left to show my wife. The IH was only 3" down.

scott

Attachments

• pic3000.jpg
    pic3000.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 313
Congratz  Scott,  I  know  the feeling.  I went a  lotta  years  without one  until  last  fall,  when  I got  my  first.  Now  I  have  11 so far.
You  needed  to break  the ice.  Now  that it's a  "been there  done  that"  :yes:  deal,  they will flow  in.  If  there is  one  where  you picked  that one  up  there is  more. Wait  till you  find  your  first  Seated  coin. "OH  YEAH"................Gil

Good for you, Scott!
Ain't them IHs' awesome when you realize what you got in your hand?
Go get the next one, man! ;)

Scott,

I found my best IH 2 to 3 inches down myself. It now rests in my binder.

We were detecting behind a very old house next to a cemetery. We had to drive to the end of the cemetery to get there. You see, the town had just purchased land behind the house to expand the current cemetery and they were working the ground. Excavation for roadwork was also part of the project.

We obtained permission from the town to detect the area behind the house and beside the cemetery after it had been tilled but before it had been fully prepped for use. It was worth making the contact but there is still much more ground we did not cover. Once it is fully prepared for resting grounds, you won't see me there regardless of how many valuable coins we know could be laying there.

I think that IH is probably my most proud find to date.

Nice IH!!! I am still waiting to find my first IH!! the time is comming.....I can feel it!!! HH

Way to go on your first IH Scott.  My first IH was so corroded that you couldn't make anything out on it.  Hoping to find a good one this summer.

Great find, and so close to the surface. thats lucky, or maybe just skill ;) Find more and post them. smg

Back
Top Bottom