First silver coin

rcasi44

Elite Member
Well I got that first silver coin today. It's a 1892 quarter. I was using the 8" coil and the coin was about 7" deep. It read a solid VDI 74 with the MXT. I know it is a well worn coin but still it is the first silver. Rob

Attachments

• silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 244
  • silver2.jpg
    silver2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 247
Yes it is worn but i still would like to find my first silver even if it was worst than that I wouldnt mind.

That not bad at all for a first silver. Most peoples first silver, including mine, is a Rosie or a Merc. An 1892 Barber quarter sure is a great first silver find! I can;t wit to see your next one!! HH!

I found it in a Chicago forest preserve woods. I was checking the bottom of a horse trail that people had used as a sled run. I found a runner from a sled. I found quite a few clad. Just off the trail I found it. Rob

I bet you're really liking that MXT and 8" Excelerator now :lol: Great find Rob. Thanks for listing the VDI # and depth.

Way to go, nice piece of silver to start the year out with, hope more come with it, smg :grin:

NICE!!! I just picked up my first metal detector and it is an MXT. I am not far from you. Have you ever tried the I&M cannal? I thaught it would be a good place. Congrats on the silver!!! Hopefully I will be just as lucky, but I will settle for half as lucky :grin: As of right now I am starting a hotwheel car lot :lol: Are you useing the standerd coil?

Grump drop me an Email. No I am using the 8" excelerator. Check my new post, I found my second silver coin. I&M canal might be a good idea, I just wouldn't know were to go. Rob

8,000 coins and still looking my first Barber 25 cent...I'd say you're off to a good start ( lol )...Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom