White's DFX Price Help!

surfnturf

Hi everyone! I need some help with pricing a 2004 DFX that has been used about 6 hours total.
I have a neighbor that is really more of an acquaintance than a friend. However, we are friendly. He is elderly, (82), and his health has deteriorated to the point he can't do much of anything. His Doctor told him 6 or 7 years ago he needed to walk a little each day and move about. He bought the DFX thinking he would go to the beach and walk and detect. He couldn't, the heat got to him.
To make the story short, he wants to sell it, but doesn't want to wait for an auction like eBay. He asked me if I could buy it to give him quick cash, as he knows I metal detect.
What would be a good price so as not to take advantage of this man, but a price that is good enough I could put it on this or any forum, or eBay, and get my money back fast. I already have a V3i so I don't need this DFX, but would like to help the guy out. I am not in a position to buy this and use it as a spare, and I would need to be sure I get what I paid.
I hope this makes sense, and that a few of you more experienced people can help me, and my neighbor out.
Oh, the DFX has a 950 coil, no headphones, all manuals, a rechargeable battery and charger, not one scratch, not even a mark on the bottom of the coil. It is as if it was taken out of the box this morning.
How much is fair for everyone?
Thanks in advance folks.

Last edited:
I'd say about 500 for an 04 model with no headphones. I just paid 700 for mine yesterday but it's just 2 years old and has accessories with it including a Sunray probe. But I think 500 is fair for an 04 and still be safe to say you'll atleast get that much back off of Ebay, you'll probably get closer to 550 or 600 if you're lucky.

$500 should be a good quick turn around price. It is nice of you to be willing to help him out. You could probably post it on the forums and get your money back. Good luck.:yes:

Thanks for the advice folks. I was thinking $500.00 to $550.00. I would like to help the old fella, he is a really interesting, friendly guy, but I need to get the money back pretty quick as well. I just think he needs it more than I do right now! Anyhow, thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom