Not a single old coin all weekend!

SteveMN

Forum Supporter
Hit a new site this weekend that had a house on it built in 1910. Doing some research I also learned that there had been another house on the same property according to the 1898 plat. I located the old stone foundation for the older house further back in the woods from the current house and hit both areas. I hit this site hard for two days and did not even pull a single wheatie! I did manage to find some neat relics including a complete Gebr Ludwig "Glory" harmonica, a pocket watch back, some kind of makeup container, buttons, gas lamp parts, and a glass jewelry piece. Not sure I will spend anymore time at this site or not.

Attachments

• DSC00876.jpg
    DSC00876.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00868.jpg
    DSC00868.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00870.jpg
    DSC00870.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC00871.jpg
    DSC00871.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00874.jpg
    DSC00874.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 282
Still found some interesting relics there: harmonica reeds, upper part of a lantern, etc.
Golden;)

Neat vintage Hotwheel car. It's a Mod Quad missing the top.. I collected old Hotwheels at one point..

Bruce

Nice relics, Judging by the size of your finds I'd say the spot hasn't been detected much..I'd hit it a couple more times, might try moving back further from the home locations..

Steve,

Maybe no coins this trip, but we all had them days. The next time you hit that spot maybe all you find is coins. By the looks of what you dug , they are there, you just did'nt get the coil over one today...:no:...Gil

great buch of relics Steve

Maybe no coins this trip, but we all had them days. The next time you hit that spot maybe all you find is coins. By the looks of what you dug , they are there, you just did'nt get the coil over one today...:no:...Gil
wow i couldn't have said it any better Gil :D

Steve no one can cherry pick a site and leave targets like that , hit it again you'll find coins :spin::tumble:

I sure wouldn't be too upset with not finding the old coins. You certainly got some nice relics and the coins have to be there somewhere. All the metal in the ground may be masking the coins. I would certainly be going back for more.:yes:

Sorry about the lack of coins Steve, but I like the relics! Don't find them out here!

Back
Top Bottom