YAY FMDF is back

Great to see it back up and running!

Yep, I lost access to the forum across most of my devices on Tuesday night - I lost complete access by afternoon yesterday. It seemed to vary depending on your internet provider. I lost access on my home wifi first (Spectrum/Time Warner), but I was still able to access the forum on my phone using data (Verizon) for awhile longer.

Regardless - glad all is well again!

I didn't know if it was computer or something else since I have been having problems with it lately. I'm glad that it's back so I can keep in touch with my gift exchange friend.

I was about ready to take my computer to the shop to see if it was a problem on my end. Glad it came back when it did.

Domain name issue, they blocked it until I sent them ID. All good now.
Sorry for the down time guys. Took a little while to figure out what was up...
HAHAHHA isn't modern technology a wonderful thing. Good job Vlad.

I was getting withdrawals not getting to get on. :( Some one said that the site was hacked. But you never know what can happen in today's world. But glad to see you all here.

Same here. Kept trying to view this forum and nothing. Scary for a minute thought I said something bad and got banned. I don't dig as much as I used to but I still love seeing everybody's posts. This is a great forum.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My home internet was down but my cell internet was fine. So I ran my internet for this site off of my cell phone as a hot spot. US Cellular. Worked for me.

If this happens again for you guys you can try a work around that sometimes works.

Watch this vid. This can happen even if the site is not being blocked. the 8844 is googles address code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP83H9l_VXs

domain

Domain name issue, they blocked it until I sent them ID. All good now.
Sorry for the down time guys. Took a little while to figure out what was up...

for those of you who may not know about running web sites, things relating to domains can get balled up quickly due to the people running the hosting ISP. I had one of my sites down for 30 days because a technical support clerk pushed the wrong button and put my domain name for my web site in limbo for 30 days. All they could say was they were sorry, but once it got into limbo ICANN rules stated I had to way 30 days to get it back.

oh, as an aside, if the ISP (Internet Service Provider) who is hosting your web site uses offshore technical support then praying helps. I remember one long, long technical support call with the support person in India. We worked on a problem for about an hour I gave up. At the end of the call he said in his proper British/English/Indian accent "Mr. John, I am so happy I could not be of assistance to you today."

anyway happy to have friendly back. It proved to me I must be addicted to reading and posting here. My wife certainly thinks so.

Back
Top Bottom