Streets are still lined with silver

crusader234

Elite Member
I Haven't found a silver coin in nearly two months, kept getting skunked so I decided to do a night curb strip hunt around an old town where Ive had lots of luck in the past. After an hour I get a nice shallow signal, a 1938 D Merc. two minutes later another shallow target a 1916 Barber dime. Also three wheats 1919, 1920 & 1948.
Went Home around 2.30 am. Finally able to sleep at night! lol Happy Hunting!:grin:

Attachments

• ggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg
    ggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 417
  • lllllllllllll.jpg
    lllllllllllll.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 407
It's 11 o'clock, I've been drinking, and I scroll down to this...Any other day I would laugh hysterically; but this time around, you got me good haha.

Nice hunt man! Sometimes I feel like doing night hunts, but with all the nosey people in my area, I would never feel comfortable doing it :lol:. Nice sharp Barber! :)

you have to get 'em when you can!

nice and cool last night, too.

--what happened to your buddy sgtwilkes?
never posts anymore; stopped answering pm's/texts?

Thks guys!
The creature in the pic is a Morlock. It lives in the river embankment by the park. It's quite harmless. I think it was attracted to the sound of my pro pointer, apart from the hissing and gargling it was quite endearing. Jus kidding I love photoshop.
I think it's a draw handle rather than a stamp or seal.
I've hardly had any time to MD lately what with work and kids and I haven't hunted with Sgt Wilks for weeks which I really miss because Sgt Wilks Rocks!

Thks guys!
The creature in the pic is a Morlock. It lives in the river embankment by the park. It's quite harmless. I think it was attracted to the sound of my pro pointer, apart from the hissing and gargling it was quite endearing.

Actually, the Morlock is more elusive than Bigfoot!! I have been secretly researching the Morlock for 37 years (I thought I was the only one who could see them).

Aside from being harmless, they are actually beneficial to detectorists. I have decoded about 90% of the sounds the Morlock makes and the sound you describe is one I am sure about.

I'll bet you had a couple of zinc pennies in your pouch. The Morlock feeds exclusively on zinc pennies and the hissing/gurgling you describe is similar to the purring of a cat when it wants you to give it a treat. I have hissed/gurgled back after feeding the Morlock, asking for it it guide me to silver. It guided me to 3 targets before I caught on: 3 zinc coins spills!

I still feed the Morlck all my zincs, but I never let it trick me into digging his "sure silver here" gurgles :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom