Today's hunt---- big..........

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Spent a little over 4 hrs out today digging. Lots of good sounding targets out there-but as usual most were just trash..After about 3 hrs diggin they all begin to sound the same to me---getting a little bit tired -pretty humid today.. I get a 01- 39 on the E-TRAC -shallow only a couple of inches deep-- expecting to just be adding another piece of scrap to my pouch.. I dig---- and out pops this HUGE Token!! It's a 1915 Elks lodge reunion from Los Angeles--COOL--What a surprise after digging up all that trash-It's was a big surprise to even see something big andJ round in the dirt!! I really like when things like this -- pop outta the ground!!! Dug a few wheats a lead thingy that says G. COHN & CO. and small buckle that say's patent 12-25-06-I guess they didn't used to get Christmas off!! Thanks for looking and listening and good luck to all!! Tony AZ:cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 758
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 662
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 729
From the Elks Lodge..... VERY COOL. Plus it's nearly 100 years old. Good job.

Lead thingy

LEAD THINGY had at one time a wire loop coming out of it and was used i believe to seal up a sack of some product from the company pressed into the lead.. Tony AZ:cool:

Nice finds. Buckle is near identical to one I found 5-10miles outside Superior AZ. See photo attached. I looked up patent # on mine and was some train sleeper car strap thing but who knows. I found this one along an old train and stage route so could be from anything. Near to see a similar buckle found in western AZ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 528
Back
Top Bottom