An observation from a new detectorist

Here is another tip for you guys. Scan the self check out coin returns. I get change out of them every time I go to Walmart. Someone is Always leaving coins in them.

I even check the coin returns in pop machines too. Be surprised how much people leave behind.. My wife hates it when she is with me at the store. Than she will pick up a penny in the parking lot.. KEN :D

I even check the coin returns in pop machines too. Be surprised how much people leave behind.. My wife hates it when she is with me at the store. Than she will pick up a penny in the parking lot.. KEN :D
Ken, don’t forget to check underneath the pop machines, thar’s real treasure there also!

It all counts

I find it kind of funny that I would walk right by change on the ground at a Walmart parking lot, but I'll get excited if I dig up a penny.

Couldn't do it , couldn't just walk by a coin on the parking lot and not pick it up. I find my eyes always scanning the ground , always check the coinstar returns as well .:pirates::pirate2:

Great idea

Every Christmas at the same stoplight in Memphis there's a Santa and another guy in a Reindeer suit collecting change for Donner and Blitzens neuter fees. Santa rings a bell and the guy in the deer suit holds the sign and they get money too!!! Now that takes balls, (no pun intended)

Could totally see Mud-Puppy doing that. :laughing:

Even though about 95% of the time it is empty, I still check the Coinstar reject tray on the way out of the grocery store just in case :lol:

IN my case it is 99.999999999999 percent of the time. Not sure I put enough 9's on there as in six years I have found ONE CLAD DIME.

Hey, what you find checking machines likely is much more than her parking lot pennies :lol:

You can always accidentally drop your car keys by that lost coin... or tie your shoe

I raid the kart rack at the local Aldis on a weekly basis. I have grabbed as many as three quarters in one episode. Does that make me a real pirate?

Back
Top Bottom