short land & water hunt*2 silver coins

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
hit a small church for an hour that i hunted in the past.then hooked up with rcat(ron) after he got done work from 5-7 pm.he told me they lowered the level of a lake with a a small swimming area.i had high hopes but those hopes were quickly squashed between the constant rain drops and lack of jewelry targets.lack of= zilch,nothing,not even one piece of junk jewelry?we talked to some neighbors and they said nobody has ever been seen in this beach detecting so..i don't know.i think 2 hours wasn't nearly enough time to really search this place and supposedly they are raising the level back in the next day or 2:no:
well i got 2 silver war nickels and a 34 wheatie,a spoon with some name on handle,a tiny old avon mini lipstik a tiny cast metal toy gun.and a brass owl thingy at the old white church.
some clad at the beach and 2 fishing lures:lol:
was hopin to pull a few rings or hoping ron woulda pulled something but it didn't happen.
pic of ron gearing up and the lake.
happy hunting all!
dave

Attachments

• april fools hunt 1.jpg
    april fools hunt 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 406
  • april fools hunt 2.jpg
    april fools hunt 2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 398
  • april fools hunt 3.jpg
    april fools hunt 3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 394
  • april fools hunt 4.jpg
    april fools hunt 4.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 394
  • april fools hunt 5.jpg
    april fools hunt 5.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 485
  • april fools hunt 10.jpg
    april fools hunt 10.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 394
  • april fools hunt 9.jpg
    april fools hunt 9.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 397
  • april fools hunt 6.jpg
    april fools hunt 6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 482
  • april fools hunt 7.jpg
    april fools hunt 7.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 479
  • april fools hunt 11.jpg
    april fools hunt 11.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 386
  • april fools hunt.jpg
    april fools hunt.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 385
Not so bad

Not a bad little hunt. I like the small gun. Owl button? is cool and a couple of silvers too! I bet that lake would be real nice drained low. But stuff is usually very deep around there, almost have to go all metal. Still got some relics to add to your collection.

That owl button is cool... very similar in design to an owl patch I traded to get from a Japanese Boy Scout back when I was active in all that (like 1993?).

Go a few keepers Dave, WTG!

thyanks man!

Not a bad little hunt. I like the small gun. Owl button? is cool and a couple of silvers too! I bet that lake would be real nice drained low. But stuff is usually very deep around there, almost have to go all metal. Still got some relics to add to your collection.
well not sure if its a button? some thin rusty layers same diameter as the brass portion were still somewhat attatched when i dug it out.i don't know? i don't think it was a button,maybe some sort ofpin or brooch with a steel back? felt good to do a hunt with ron.been like 6 months since we hunted together so.
good luck this weekend guys!
dave

Cool finds Dave... I skunked yesterday at the beach... worked a trough found change and nothing worth posting ;) I have a little gun like that as well :) I think I may have sent it to Jake..

At least you were able to get out and check the site out. You know by now, you never know till you try. That one item you didn't list looks like a spark plug gapping tool. The relic items are always neat to find. Better luck next hunt.:yes:

looks like a good day

Dave i'm glad to see your broadening your horizons , its good to take a break from just cellar hunting too. very nice to see Rcat and you out enjoying a hunt together , now if you could only get him into cellar hunting as much as you buddy:D:yes::D

Back
Top Bottom