1st week of MDing

bolo1010

Hey yall,

Well its been about 1 week since I first got my Ace 250 and I just wanted to give yall an update of my progress..

First of all, I think my right arm and right thigh muscle is gona outgrow my left side if I keep this up :lol: Dang i was sore those first few days :wow:

Ive only hunted 2 spots so far but Ive been keeping it simple until I really get to know my detector which Im learning and getting better everyday..

My front and back yard and an old cellar hole are the 2 spots Ive hit and I found its harder to hunt the cellar hole than my yard.. although i did find a few good relics at the cellar hole I figured I would stick to the yard til I learn my new best friend a little more..

As for my yard I think I find more and more coins each hunt.. Just when I think Ive found them all I would try a different angle/approach and BAM! More coins. Im still having trouble on certain quick DINGS on my machine but I'm learning... ANYWAY..

My coin count so far just from my front and back yard ( mostly front)

Pennies- 61 (10 wheats, 1926 being the oldest)

Dimes- 13 (1966 oldest)

Quarter- 1 (1967)

Nickel- 1

As you can see ive missed the silver with the dime and quarter by just a couple years but i'm positive theres some out there!! Just gota keep swinging..

Another note: My next investment is a Lesche digging tool!! The plastic trowel is no match for my thick viney ground :lol:

THANKS FOR READING AND HH!!

Not too bad

Not a bad week of learning your detector. You got wheats. Some people go a ways, before those turn up. Would love to see some pictures of the coins and the artifacts from the cellar holes. Keep up the good work. Oh and the sore arm and leg, that will eventually go away:lol:

I've come to believe in watching dates of clad (close to '64) and the percentage of wheaties in an area as indicators of the possibility of silver. It works.

Good first week. I've only searched one cellar hole and agree that it's tough.

Good Luck and keep swinging.

Good job--I've been hunting on and off for a year,and you have more wheats than I do.

...but we are tied for silver...

Congratulations on your finds.
Don't worry, the older coins will come with time.
I have hunted my yard for well over a year and it is still bring in coins. It is a great place to work on your detecting skills. Keep it up.
Frog

Not a bad week of learning your detector. You got wheats. Some people go a ways, before those turn up. Would love to see some pictures of the coins and the artifacts from the cellar holes. Keep up the good work. Oh and the sore arm and leg, that will eventually go away:lol:

Thanks coinnut! Actually I do have some pics of the penny and the relics Ive found on different threads..

One was titled Outhouse finds for the old cellar hole relics and the other one was 1st day MDing I think.. I would post the threads but dont really know how..

Congratulations on your finds.
Don't worry, the older coins will come with time.
I have hunted my yard for well over a year and it is still bring in coins. It is a great place to work on your detecting skills. Keep it up.
Frog

Your right on the money with that frog (no pun intended) :lol:

I went out in the front yard for about a hour and a half this afternoon and found 8 more pennies including 2 wheats (1928, 1942) a nickel and an old knife (3rd knife ive found in the yard)!

Im really getting the hang of the Ace and it seems the finds are coming easier and easier!

I have lots of places around town ive researched and this weekend Im hitting up an old church.

Hopefully the silver will come soon!

Back
Top Bottom