Trash? yeah we got that

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
A couple of months ago I received a PM from a member asking why I dont find trash...welp we all find trash its just something we all must deal with. I normally just throw it all away but since that PM I decided to start putting it all in a large tub to see how long itll take me to fill that tub up. well its been about 2 months since I started doing this and my tub weighs in at a tad over 60# and thats not including about a dozen ax heads that Ive givin to my neighbor{he likes em for some reason so I let em have em} its about half full so I figured Id take a pic and let yall see how much trash/iron and broken things that Ive dug up in the past couple of months.

DSCI0151.jpg

Ooooh yeeeeaaaaahhh... we ALL dig tons of trash.
You'll generally see the trash I dig in my finds pics.
I know a guy who'll spend 8 to 10 hours on a Sunday hunting only to find all trash until he finds one good thing. If it's late, he'll quit. But he doesn't quit until he finds something he really likes.

Joe and I don't have the time to do that sort of hunting. We go out and whatr we find is what we find before it's time for us to go home. We usually get an hour or two at a time unless it's a Sunday we have nothing else to do.

Could you provide some photos of the more odd looking things for my new series of threads I have been doing called Strange But True Metal Detecting Finds?

Fantastic finds Kris:lol::lol:. Yep, digging trash is a part of the hobby. But it could be useful also. Remember last year a park ranger came over to me when I was detecting. I asked him if there was any problem that I hunt the place. And he said. No, have seen you here a couple of times and notice that you clean up a lot of trash for us, so you more then welcome:yes:.
And another thing. Be sure it really are trash before you throw it away.

WTG Kris on the nice finds! Man looks like we hunt the same places when I see stuff like that! Now only if I could find the good stuff like you do at those sites! :D

Strange, odd and bizarre kris

okie dokie...Ill go through it in the morning when I get off work and photo a few things....how would you like me to send you the pics? I can host them on photobucket and send you the link in a PM?

I just started md'ing 2 days ago now...just hitting the yard for practice...I can say, I have found waaaay more nails and other lilbits than coins so far :P but...I am up to 4 coins, 3 older zincs and a newer nickel...I know my yard would be littered as we have been scrapping metal here for 40 years and we added an addition 10 years ago, hence the nails

Back
Top Bottom