Trying to detect buried sprinkler heads.

qnetx

Hi,

I bought a house recently and I'm trying to find any buried but clogged sprinklers. I'm a newbie to metal detectors but thought that I might use an inexpensive one to find missing heads. It would also give me an excuse to start in this fascinating hobby. I've read the reviews and I only want to spend a little over $120 so I thought that the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV might be good for me. Do you think that it will detect the metal spring and set screw in a plastic head sprinkler about 4" deep?

Thanks,
GQ

Should do well for this. You will probably have to put it in the all metal mode, but be advised, you will be finding other things as well. :yes:

Thanks for the quick responses and your support!

I just ordered the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV from Buy.com for $109.99 ( no tax, and free shipping). I'll let you know how it works out.

Who knows, maybe I'll find some interesting things while looking for the sprinkler heads. :-)

GQ

I have an Ace 250. Love the unit. I tried to find one of my sprinklers in the front yard. It gets overgrown with grass every year. My MD'er wouldn't find it. Keep in mind that this sprinkler is one of those plastic housings with a small metal screw in the top.

Other than that, I love the Ace--- great machine

Back
Top Bottom