I’ve heard about this,but it happened.

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
I was hitting some curbs today,,found some wheats and clad,,didn’t inow I had a Indian till I got home and cleaned it,1905 made my day.
But I was hitting a old beat up overgrown curb in front of a vacant lot when I see a guy coming from the house next door..he said ( you can’t do that),,,I said why? He said I own it,,I told him I do work for the borough,and they own it and told me to have at the curbs in town.
He said (then I’ll quit mowing it if the borough owns it,,I said that’s between you and the borough,,but it don’t look like you’ve been mowing it anyway.lol..long story short he left,and I did too..Kinda ruined my day.

Attachments

• 0975DB8D-F210-4C79-9262-8E70100C3BD1.jpg
    0975DB8D-F210-4C79-9262-8E70100C3BD1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 80532D45-DC91-405D-A955-1FC027B7C192.jpg
    80532D45-DC91-405D-A955-1FC027B7C192.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 262
People suck, I've had two dust ups this summer. Gets your hair up for sure. Nice Indian, I'd love to find another I haven't found one yet this year.

Don't let it get you down.....I've had several run ins with people like this. One lady threatened to call the police on me because I was detecting the weed filled curb strip in front of her house. I just moved on the the next house.....not worth the hassle. In Boise, Idaho a man claiming to be a city park official told me to clear out, that there was no detecting in city parks. Even though I had a permit clearly pinned to my shirt, he threatened to call the "officials". This time I told him to go ahead and call, that it would only make him look bad to his superiors because if he really worked for the parks dept. he should know it was ok. The worst problem I've had detecting was in Hawaii. There are detectorists who regularly detect the beaches and shallow water, and when they see a tourist detecting "their" beach, trouble starts. You just have to stand your ground if you know you are in the right.

Congrats on the surprise Injun. I had ne each of my last couple hunts.

Hmmmmmm. I got kicked off curbstrips twice in the past few days. First by a security cop in front of a public building last Friday, (a rent-a-cop from the same company was recently charged with murder for shooting/killing someone "trespassing" at a public building. You bet I'll leave at first 'request/order/demand') And today I got booted from the weedy curbstrip at the Scientology building. I don't let it bother me. I just move down the block and keep going. It's not worth wasting time trying to educate all the jerks in the world...or getting shot in the back. There's lotsa curbstrips to play on.
It's a weird world out there, and when you work curbstrips you're right in the middle of it! Happy Hunting!

I have had more than one of those inconveniences Pete. On one the resident called the police before even approaching me. I was on the ground with an open plug when approached and the Officer arrived before I stood up. After a moment he told the resident to back off and asked me to move on to avoid further conflict. I agreed and said I remove my target and close the plug and leave. As I kneel down again the resident moved back in and became a bit obnoxious with a raise voice and foil language. At this the Officer turned to him and started to tell the man that I have the legal right to do as I was as the curb strip is city property. He further stated to the man that any more outburst from him he would charge him for disorderly conduct and haul him in. He then turned back to me a said I could continue if I wanted. I closed the hole and left. Congrats on a very nice looking Indian. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom