First ring ! Woo hoo

Hrisch92

Found my first ring very clear signal at 66 only about 4” deep in the sand. wonder if it’s worth anything anybody know a good way to see?

Attachments

• CCD7A85B-CD1B-482D-B536-4416FF51B561.jpg
    CCD7A85B-CD1B-482D-B536-4416FF51B561.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 562
It does have markings inside on both sides near top but I can’t make them out. Best place to get those test kits online I’ll check em out thanks

Nice Ring ... If I cant read stuff like coin dates or jewelry marks I will use the zoom on my phone. Woeks pretty good.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Looks like 18k or so gold from here, need to get a loupe at 10-30x will help. I have one on my keychain. Congrats on your first ring, nice looking one.

Congrats on your first ring! Looks like it may be an older one.

I'm thinking that too! Hey Hirsch...you might want to take that into your local Jeweler...just ask them what they think you got here...do NOT tell them you found it metal detecting..just say "it was in a box of old G'pas stuff" you inherited or something...do not sell it to them...do not let it leave your sight...just ask what they think this ring is all about...A really good and honest Jeweler will know right away and will tell you...

Gorgeous find there !!! Congrats ...

From the color of the ring in your photo, it looks like high carat gold, and more buttery than my 14K wedding band. Unless it was custom made, it would likely have the purity marking inside, like 18K (.750 pure) for example.

See https://owlcation.com/misc/Understanding-Gold-Purity for more detail on gold markings.

I use a 10X jeweler's loupe to see the tiniest of markings on silver & gold jewelry, and some of these markings, i.e., on the clasp of a necklace, can be pretty darned small.

Jim

Thank you everyone . I did take it in on lunch today he said it says 916 so 22k I guess. He offered $166 I said thank you i appreciate it but I’ll keep it for now. Good to know it’s worth something anyway so can put it in a safe place and not leave it lying around lol.

Back
Top Bottom