minelab equinox owners a question and a rant

edword

today I picked up a equinox 600 from a local dealer and I guess its my own fault. I did not look in the box to see what was in there. I did not realize it just came with a usb plug. I have 5 tablets and 2 cell phones and none have the recommended symbols or ratings they recommend. so what are you guys using to plug yours into a regular house plug. it says I can use my computer usb which only takes 18 hours to charge compared to a house plug which takes4 hours. secondly I live in a very rural area and have dialup and had no idea there was no manual in the box. been trying like he-- to get on minelab to look at it and cant. sorry but that's pretty lame to not put a manual in the box. this is my 4th metal detector and 1st that didnt come with one. companies need to realize we don't all live in town where good internet is available.

today I picked up a equinox 600 from a local dealer and I guess its my own fault. I did not look in the box to see what was in there. I did not realize it just came with a usb plug. I have 5 tablets and 2 cell phones and none have the recommended symbols or ratings they recommend. so what are you guys using to plug yours into a regular house plug. it says I can use my computer usb which only takes 18 hours to charge compared to a house plug which takes4 hours. secondly I live in a very rural area and have dialup and had no idea there was no manual in the box. been trying like he-- to get on minelab to look at it and cant. sorry but that's pretty lame to not put a manual in the box. this is my 4th metal detector and 1st that didnt come with one. companies need to realize we don't all live in town where good internet is available.

Simple cellphone charger will do, I use the Apple charger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is link to manual.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-1 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN.pdf

An iPad Mini charger will work.
I use mine every now and then to charge my unit.

I thought I lived in the backwoods.
Didn't realize anyone was still using dial up Internet.
Glad I don't, would take a year to look at what I do look at now in a day's time.

Last edited:
I also thought it a bit lame of ML not to include a charger. But with more and more equipment standardizing on USB's 5v for charging, we'll probably see more of this.

I dug about through old cell chargers and found a Samsung with the ratings. Bummer about no "quick start" manual thingy. Mine had one.

Brought to you by neurofen anti- inflammatories

If you're in Oz, I can mms you pics of manual.

Brought to you by neurofen anti- inflammatories

thanks guys.

I finally got the manual to load after letting my computer run for over an hour. I will look for one the chargers when I go to town tomorrow. take care

Glad I don't, would take a year to look at what I do look at now in a day's time.
I also live in the stix, but there are almost always hi-speed alternatives, at a price. Dial-up internet is free, wireline dial tone is not. :cool:

No manual or charger keeps costs down so they can sell it at a better price. Little things like that make a big difference.

Sounds like it caught you by surprise though, and was very inconvenient in your case. You might go to the library and read the manual, print out the important pages.

Good luck with your new machine.

Manual, not a big deal for me. Prefer online docs. The charger, though, should have been in there. I have plenty but... still.

BCD

Here is link to manual.
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/326548/4901-0249-1 Inst. Manual, EQUINOX 600 800 EN.pdf

An iPad Mini charger will work.
I use mine every now and then to charge my unit.

We still have it here too. I actually have dsl.. but if I ever drop it the only offered here now is dial up unless I go to Sat internet... time moves slow in the Grove...lol

Thank you RNB battery folks!!! Maybe they'll do something for the Equinox....

Then if course, double A's did just fine for a lot of years and still do.

Last edited:
Look at one of these.....

Attachments

• e5f298df-4d42-424d-ac5b-ee4373da570e_1.3f48a25f354d160f429160fa60ae51bd.jpg
    e5f298df-4d42-424d-ac5b-ee4373da570e_1.3f48a25f354d160f429160fa60ae51bd.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 345
Manual, not a big deal for me. Prefer online docs. The charger, though, should have been in there. I have plenty but... still.

BCD

The charger is a necessity and it seems like they are being cheap not to include it. If you know about it already and have one that will work its not a problem but it's not good to surprise people.

For ML to include a wall charger would have triggered the need to create separate models (US, international, etc). I didn't interpret it as being cheap at all...more of a way to push the units to market quicker. I have a drawer full of unused wall chargers of various specifications that would work fine if/when I ever get an equinox. I also have one of the wall sockets with included usb shown above. I really don't know why people are complaining about a charger. We are in the 21st century are we not? Is someone who has never owned a usb rechargeable device suddenly going to buy an equinox?

For God's sake, just within arms reach I can see two cell phones, a Kindle Fire, my laptop, and a pair of Bluetooth earbuds...and that's just on my dining room table, and all came with a micro USB charger and cord. If you really need one, trek on down to your nearest Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift store where they have buckets of USB wall chargers for sale, some even NIP, for $1 or less...improvise, adapt, overcome. LOL

Last edited:
will ipod charger work thats 1 amp rated

today I went to walmart and bought one. got home opened box read manual and its only 1 amp and minelab says to use 2 amp minimum. this is getting annoying. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom