Excal Vs Equinox who is the real king of the beach

I was REALLY hoping you would have compared deep finds before you dug them with each machine. Waited through the whole video!!

Hope you two can do that one day to see what you both think.

Lots of change there. Should be an interesting challenge.

I was REALLY hoping you would have compared deep finds before you dug them with each machine. Waited through the whole video!!

Romy, Maybe we could try this next weekend? Based on first impressions and at this particular location, I suspect that the Excal can hit deeper on high conductors unless there is iron nearby. Low conductors would be an interesting test. :yes:

I will never see the need for pinpointer use in the sand.

Romy

The next outing bump up the sensitivity 23-25 these guy's want depth comparison with the stock coil, vs Excalibur 10 inch, than later when the 15 coil come's out for the Equinox 800, than we will leave the Excal guy's some scrap - gold chains :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, PS in the video , you didn't get to hunt -long enough to find out how the machine really is, i think Compass , and you will like it, happy hunting, Earl PS Felix the pointer he is using is the new Pro Find 35, tells you weather its ferrous or non Ferrous , and waterproof, it saves a bit of time, pointer's really are not needed at the beach, but the last 3 hunt's i have used my 35 at the beach- and like it.

.. later when the 15 coil come's out for the Equinox 800, than we will leave the Excal guy's some scrap - gold chains
Oh SNAP! You know it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Eh' I bet it when the 15" coils come out, ML will start taking pre-orders on the next gen CTX. :shock: (i hope, i hope) :yes:

...PS Felix the pointer he is using is the new Pro Find 35, tells you weather its ferrous or non Ferrous , and waterproof, it saves a bit of time, pointer's really are not needed at the beach, but the last 3 hunt's i have used my 35 at the beach- and like it.

I understand Earl, but by the time either of you have taken out the pinpointer, bent over, found the target and put it and the pinpointer away...I have dug my target, kicked the sand pile its in and either seen it and picked it up, or kicked another little bit of sand seen it and put it away and I'm possibly already on my 2nd target. I don't like wasting time on targets. I see a pinpointer's use in the dirt but not in the dry or wet sand.

Felix

I agree to a certain extent , however were your time is wasted , while the few times i use the pointer at the beach, your digging zinc's, your just like the old school crew on here, you won't try, buy, anything new, until later on , than you see the light, just like Shark to Excal :lol:, not saying i use it every dig , just another tool in the arsenal bro., just like the equinox. happy hunting. PS Another reason i will like the pro find 35 at the beach Felix is With the Surf PI Df i have spent as much as two minutes looking through a kicked pile of sand , not finding that small piece of metal with the naked eye, this will save 1 minute and a half finding the studs, and smaller metals , not to mention the 35 with the ferrous ID will be a big help in land hunting .

Last edited:
Chasing those tiny signals inside shell hash = saved time with a pinpointer. I find a pinpointer to be much quicker on small targets that I don't immediately see after spreading out the scoop contents.
To each his own.

Chasing those tiny signals inside shell hash = saved time with a pinpointer. I find a pinpointer to be much quicker on small targets that I don't immediately see after spreading out the scoop contents.
To each his own.

I use a pinpointer on river beaches just for this reason. Have a great signal but too small to see in the rocky sand out comes the pinpointer.

Ray

I agree to a certain extent... With the Surf PI Df i have spent as much as two minutes looking through a kicked pile of sand , not finding that small piece of metal with the naked eye, this will save 1 minute and a half finding the studs, and smaller metals...

I fully agreed UNTIL last year. A new program on the CTX meant frequently finding rivits, sheared screw heads (from destroyed docks) and earring backs. If I didn't find the target within a few kicks/swipes of the spoils pile, out came the P/P.

Worst feeling was finding a 10k clasp, but not the necklace. DARN, DARN, DARN! Hoping the NOX is the solution.

sorry to bum ya out bud the conditions were a bit rough to stand around and do a lot of side by side comparisons and the water finally took my 2nd go-pro but i have some more test coming soon i just need to figure out how to film it.
Enjoyed the vid! Subbed ya. :cheers:
Thanks Rattlehead glad to have ya along =) GL&HH

Romy, Maybe we could try this next weekend? Based on first impressions and at this particular location, I suspect that the Excal can hit deeper on high conductors unless there is iron nearby. Low conductors would be an interesting test. :yes:
Yes more testing is needed indeed plus i look forward to hanig with ya brother as always, see ya soon George
well i have issues with my hand so it becomes a problem after ahwile holding and shifting the heavy scoop so yeah the pin pointer comes out especially in th wet sand not near the water
The next outing bump up the sensitivity 23-25 these guy's want depth comparison with the stock coil, vs Excalibur 10 inch, than later when the 15 coil come's out for the Equinox 800, than we will leave the Excal guy's some scrap - gold chains :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:, PS in the video , you didn't get to hunt -long enough to find out how the machine really is, i think Compass , and you will like it, happy hunting, Earl PS Felix the pointer he is using is the new Pro Find 35, tells you weather its ferrous or non Ferrous , and waterproof, it saves a bit of time, pointer's really are not needed at the beach, but the last 3 hunt's i have used my 35 at the beach- and like it.
yeah we need to do some more testing for sure and have talked to george and were going to do some more this weekend i just gotta find a camera 1st :p

Oh SNAP! You know it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Eh' I bet it when the 15" coils come out, ML will start taking pre-orders on the next gen CTX. :shock: (i hope, i hope) :yes:
lol :p ;) :D

If the next generation CTX doesn't get the gold chains, ill pass :secret:
:cool:
I understand Earl, but by the time either of you have taken out the pinpointer, bent over, found the target and put it and the pinpointer away...I have dug my target, kicked the sand pile its in and either seen it and picked it up, or kicked another little bit of sand seen it and put it away and I'm possibly already on my 2nd target. I don't like wasting time on targets. I see a pinpointer's use in the dirt but not in the dry or wet sand.
i thought the same til my body said less work is worth more time and most of the time its less time consuming ;)
I agree to a certain extent , however were your time is wasted , while the few times i use the pointer at the beach, your digging zinc's, your just like the old school crew on here, you won't try, buy, anything new, until later on , than you see the light, just like Shark to Excal :lol:, not saying i use it every dig , just another tool in the arsenal bro., just like the equinox. happy hunting. PS Another reason i will like the pro find 35 at the beach Felix is With the Surf PI Df i have spent as much as two minutes looking through a kicked pile of sand , not finding that small piece of metal with the naked eye, this will save 1 minute and a half finding the studs, and smaller metals , not to mention the 35 with the ferrous ID will be a big help in land hunting .
to each his own but i agree, its less work for my beat up body
To each his own.
I agree, this is were the pin pointer shines on those tines targets ;)
I use a pinpointer on river beaches just for this reason. Have a great signal but too small to see in the rocky sand out comes the pinpointer.

Ray
There are many situations for them but some are just old school and feel no need for them but i know i am bummed when i forget mine but its not the end of the day when i do for sure ;)
I fully agreed UNTIL last year. A new program on the CTX meant frequently finding rivits, sheared screw heads (from destroyed docks) and earring backs. If I didn't find the target within a few kicks/swipes of the spoils pile, out came the P/P. Totally ;)

Worst feeling was finding a 10k clasp, but not the necklace. DARN, DARN, DARN! Hoping the NOX is the solution.
:no: :?: Bummer but The Nox Should Fix That ;)
Your hunting to close to the fishing peers , come on really , shark bait howboutit :shock::lol:
:lol:

CTX $2500, Excal $1500, Equinox $900. Based on the reports/posts so far it's looking very positive (+). I'd like to see a review on how it performs in heavy wave/wash conditions. It will be interresting to see how durable this detector is over the next 6-9 months in the hands of the more seasoned hunters here.

Why would you NOT have a tool in your arsenal that can aid you if you need it? A pinpointer doesn't slow you down at all. It speeds you up. Besides bending down now and then stretches out your back from when it's aching from walking up and down banks. I take it out every time I hunt.

Aqua...... hopefully the phones will be out in a couple of weeks. Production has started. It will be interesting to see how it holds up and whats found.

Back
Top Bottom