First Gold Coin!

Dan48

Headed out Sunday to the park I found my seated quarter in. Ended up with three injuns and a little clad. Kind of bummed out that I didn't find any silver and didn't want to go back to that same park next time out but it's close to where I live, so glad I did!!!

Hit it again Monday and found one injun and a little more clad when BAZINGA!!! I remembered I hadn't cashed in my clad for the year yet... So I did. $186.00 worth and bought this quarter eagle from my LCS! ;)

How do I get signed up for the gold coin club?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,137
You found a seated quarter and ihp’s but you didn’t want to hunt it again??? Hell if I find a wheatie at my park I’m happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You found a seated quarter and ihp’s but you didn’t want to hunt it again??? Hell if I find a wheatie at my park I’m happy

I like hunting it but I seem to do better when I change it up after getting skunked and go back at a later date.

Uh...Dan...buddy...this thread is a bit misleading,I’m sure you know. Someone finding a gold coin is a pretty serious deal to us hunters,so while OWNING one is cool,the “bait and switch”...not so much.
Many wet noodle lashings will occur if it happens again...;)

Uh...Dan...buddy...this thread is a bit misleading,I’m sure you know. Someone finding a gold coin is a pretty serious deal to us hunters,so while OWNING one is cool,the “bait and switch”...not so much.

Bazinga! :lol:

Drink a Fat Squirrel and relax dude! It is a great way to cash in on a year of hard digging.

Cheers!

Besides the bait & switch, that's pretty cool. Think of it this way; you detected all year, dug signals all the time, but never retrieved a single coin until now, and it turned out to be a big GOLD COIN! You put in the work, and deserve it.
That being said, I think that coin looks fake. :lol:

Besides the bait & switch, that's pretty cool. Think of it this way; you detected all year, dug signals all the time, but never retrieved a single coin until now, and it turned out to be a big GOLD COIN! You put in the work, and deserve it.
That being said, I think that coin looks fake. :lol:

:lol: yea, it's kind of a !!!! photo but my coin shop assured me it's real. I was so excited about using the "bait and switch" on you folks, my hands were shaking (ergo the bad photo). Good times! :lol:

I didn't think I had found that much clad. Boy, that stuff adds up. And I got the idea to buy some coins with it from others on here. Not as good as finding them outright but earned nonetheless!

Here's the reverse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 875

I just noticed your finds YTD! :shock:

No way I'm believing you'd be happy with a wheatie. I'm a coward when it comes to door knocking, so rarely get to hunt virgin grounds.

The original title is a bit misleading, not what we're expecting, but it's another way to look at "digging clad".

Lots of hunter don't want to dig clad because they want do find older coins..... but what's the end goal?
If you want to trade what you dug for what you want, you are in the same place in the end.

And bought coins are very often in nicer condition than dug ones... so maybe you can be in a better place.
I can hunt all year and will probably never dig a seated coin. But I can spend the clad I found in a month and buy a very nice au-unc seated dime, and in a good month, much more.

:workforgold:

:laughing::laughing: He's got a CTX 30-30 dammit! He deserves a Gold coin! And a Minelab Hat! :laughing: I will say, a goodly portion in the future of this Sport is gonna be clad...the old wild dirt coins?, once they are gone, they are gone for good! Clad doesnt even last long...so a guy has to get it fast and convert it over...

:laughing::laughing: He's got a CTX 30-30 dammit! He deserves a Gold coin! And a Minelab Hat! :laughing: I will say, a goodly portion in the future of this Sport is gonna be clad...the old wild dirt coins?, once they are gone, they are gone for good! Clad doesnt even last long...so a guy has to get it fast and convert it over...

You ain’t kidding Mud,the amount of clad I find (not dig..FIND) is far less than even 4-5 years ago. Apparently just not as much change in pockets. It’s SO much less it’s shocking,actually.
I want a hat! You might’ve thought that would’ve come with my 3600 dollar order but, no. Hmmmph....

Good story Dan, and a good use for clad finds. Look at it as "upgrading". That Eagle won't depreciate, corrode, or rust away.

You ain’t kidding Mud,the amount of clad I find (not dig..FIND) is far less than even 4-5 years ago. Apparently just not as much change in pockets. It’s SO much less it’s shocking,actually.

Right IDX! It is shocking how fast Debit cards took hold...A heavy totlotter got to see first hand immediately the transition..Like a light switch got turned off.....Most of my once weekly decent totters have gone bone dry for several years now, not worth the effort, so I abandoned my normal totter Milk Run that paid a good $20 every Sat am......

A mega dirt Claddie has to find a location thats been unhunted for 5yrs or more to make decent pay, and even then, the shiny fresh drops from a whole season represent about 10% of the finds, the replenishment rate is declining exponentially...its really an astonishingly disheartening observation...:(

Back
Top Bottom