We were insulted on ESPN

Backyard Paint booth! How obvious! I see it now! Brilliant! Like I said..theres a lot to take in here, it needs to be evaluated by higher art experts than me........The lighting is superb though, even a simple chimney painter can see that...

Lookat that little Corgi diligently rooting around for moles! Signifying the eternal battle and symbiotic relationship betwixt subterranean peaceful Life and the predatory Capitalistic attempt by the Global Banking Cartel! Without moles, there would be no need of Corgis, without cheap tarps, there would be no outdoor scooter painting or pheasant chick breeder huts, without wire spools and milk crates to work and sit on, a guy would have to stay indoors.....:laughing:

Last edited:
The wife makes me keep most of my white trashiness behind the shed, but I can have a scooter tent up, generator running a half dozen space heaters and be ready to rebuild anything that will fit through the door in about 20 minutes. I was proud of my scrap pile coop and spool brooder, but the wife seems to think the Amish are better craftsmen than me, and I'm not allowed to drag anymore spools home. "I didn't drag it I rolled it" didn't go over well.
20171215_110808.jpg

So I'm watching ESPN and they're talking about the overtime coin toss. The coin disappears in the snow and the commentator says that it would take about a $600 metal detector and your dignity to find that coin ! So we detectorists have no dignity ?.? Like to show him what else you can do with a detector and a little Valsoline !!

Good idea and I'd rather you not use the Vaseline.

The wife makes me keep most of my white trashiness behind the shed, but I can have a scooter tent up, generator running a half dozen space heaters and be ready to rebuild anything that will fit through the door in about 20 minutes. I was proud of my scrap pile coop and spool brooder, but the wife seems to think the Amish are better craftsmen than me, and I'm not allowed to drag anymore spools home.
"I didn't drag it I rolled it" didn't go over well.
View attachment 401880

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

......yep, I've tried smart comebacks like that with my wife before, same basic results, but didn't get in big trouble :lol:

Pink Scooter

Metal detecting is far from the biggest hit my dignity has taken. This is the wife's scooter. I'm always having to take it on test rides or to gas up. It seems like every time I gas up the Hell's Angels are gassing up too.

View attachment 401857

HAHAHA! If that were my wife's scooter she would either have to get her own gas or (more likely) I'd be taking a:laughing: 5 gallon can to the station and filling that for her!

Cable

Amen to that !!!

I don't give them the time of day anymore.

Yeah it's a shame that the largest single component of your cable bill is the cost of ESPN, whether you watch ANY sports or not. They've been increasing prices to cable companies by 10-15% every year. They are about to start paying for that extortion.

Have to agree about golf. I'd rather mow my lawn or paint my house than watch or play golf. Before I retired I could have gotten out of a lot of work if I golfed. Nothing against those who like it, but to me it seems just so incredibly boring.

Kind of agree,plus such an incredible hog of land.
Guess they pay good taxes and that is their sport.

I often wonder how much fun it would be to detect all those grass fields.
How pro's make millions hitting a little white ball is beyond me.

To some being seen metal detecting might be undignified , but you have a good chance of seeing them picking their nose while driving thinking nobody sees them :lol:

Have to agree about golf. I'd rather mow my lawn or paint my house than watch or play golf. Before I retired I could have gotten out of a lot of work if I golfed. Nothing against those who like it, but to me it seems just so incredibly boring.

Oh yeah... totally understand. not every sport is for everyone. I know folks who absolutely love the game, the challenge, and the sheer beauty of the courses. I also know folks who love to play because of the social aspect of who they play with.

The thing about hobbies, is that it's fantastic that we all have different ones... otherwise it'd be a bit crowded at hobby-time. LOL

Skippy

So I'm watching ESPN and they're talking about the overtime coin toss. The coin disappears in the snow and the commentator says that it would take about a $600 metal detector and your dignity to find that coin ! So we detectorists have no dignity ?.? Like to show him what else you can do with a detector and a little Valsoline !!
< Googles "dignity"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom