Welcome from Warsaw, Poland

I assure you that there are md'rs in Poland, right now, that are having no problem finding places to hunt. Just avoid 1) obvious historic sensitive Monuments, and 2) purist archies. Presto: problem solved.
3) Police. Last amendment of the Archaeological Law gave them authorisations even to take the MDs as a proofs in case...

Here, in Poland, law treats everything made before 1945 as an antique. So, even stupid Mauser shell (since WW II there are millions of them everywhere) may be, for too dedicated (or simply wicked...) cop, a reason to make trouble.

Russians say "I śmiesznie, i strasznie" ("A little funny, a little terrible)" :p

3) Police. ....

Does the average police man know about such minutia ? And patrol middle-of-nowhere in-the-woods for persons who (gasp) found an object older than 1945 ? I can certainly understand that they would hassle you (and be present in the first place) if you're snooping obvious historic monuments.

And suppose for the moment that some police man DID stop you while you were in farmer bob's field, then ..... are they whipping out a calculator to do the math on the ages of each coin you find, to determine if it's over xx years old ?

Sure, don't throw caution to the wind. But it's just that we HAVE seen posts here from hobbyists in Poland. Some of them, for example, are very into WWII relics. But I seem to recall some old coins posted too.

I mean this Poland in the middle of Europe, to be exact :D I'm sorry for my terrible English, but hope you will be able to understand me.

In simple words, i envy you. As i know, in America owner of the land is also owner of everything buried in his / hers ground, right?

You may not believe, but here, in Poland, everything under the surface - when I say this, I mean EVERYTHING - belongs to the state. Even if you dig in your garden, theoretically all what you get you have to hand over to the state.

And, if you want to hunt for treasure in forest... You're very bad. Almost all the country is one big archeological site, so any digging (without permission from local conservation officer) makes you a criminal.

And that's why I decided to recall my old hobby. I don't like oppressive laws so I bought a simple Chinese detector (known in the USA as "Harbor Freight 9 function MD; here it's known as Marquant) and I'm going to hunt for treasures buried in our woods :p

Witamy! Studiowałem języka polskiego wiele lat temu, kiedy służyłem w armii amerykańskiej.

Back
Top Bottom