Is New England Detectors on vacation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plug Martian

Elite Member
Not trying to be a jerk here, just was wondering if anyone knew something I don't about NED not shipping or taking orders right now. I placed an order on their web site Saturday night for a pair of Sunray headphones. The order was confirmed and my credit card was charged for the amount. Tuesday I checked the status of the order to see when it was shipped. The order was listed as "processing." Sent a message to the customer service department asking them to let me know when it would ship. No response. Wednesday checked again, still "processing." So I sent a PM to Andrew and he hasn't responded either. Checked again tonight, yup, still "processing."

I have heard a LOT of good things about NED and I consider them to be "local" so I went with them. This sort of problem is exactly why I resist shopping on-line. I was expecting the item to be shipped out Monday and be here on time to use this Sunday. So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if I just missed something on the site that says they are shut down or on vacation or something.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I called twice with no return calls. I e-mailed twice with no response. Also pm threw the forum. Never heard a word. Call Bart he always takes calls and if he doesnt he will call back in a few minutes. I would have never tried ned but i was trying find an atpro.

I have left two messages for him to call me regarding a business matter ( not an order) and have not heard a word from him.

I ordered the Garrett Pro Pointer/Lesche combo from NED last night. Today I heard they were out of stock so I sent them an email just inquiring when they might be getting them in. I received a reply within minutes informing me that they had just received a shipment of pro pointers in this afternoon but were not sure if they would have any left by time they got to my order. The guy in sales gave me an estimate of 1-2 weeks if I had to wait for the next order. I am more than happy to wait since I got a great deal on the combo and more importantly they communicated with me about it and kept me informed and that is what is important to me.

Should give Rich at Colonial a visit, since he is about 40 miles from you :)

I ordered mine from metaldetector.com, they are out of mass, ordered from them because everyone else seems to be out of stock! they got good prices and deals!

I can't say anything against NED, I have only dealt with them once so far (a Lesche digger/trowel) and they treated me right and shipped quick. Today was my first time ordering from Colonial, spoke with Rich on the phone and I couldn't be happier, nice guy, good deal, invoice and tracking number showed up in my email in minutes after talking with him. Have dealt with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies and he is also great to do business.

I’m not sure what the situation is... But I’ve never had a problem ordering anything from Holland Brooks or Kellyco.. :cool:

I have seen this issue with them arise on forums more than once.I had one accessory purchase from them and it went fine and the price was right.So just be aware that all might not go as expected.

I ordered mine from metaldetector.com, they are out of mass, ordered from them because everyone else seems to be out of stock! they got good prices and deals!

These guys are 15 minutes up the road from me. I would have MUCH preferred to have gone there in person but they don't carry Sunray products. I bought my AT Pro from them and they are great, friendly people.

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

I called and left a voicemail with their answering service on Monday at 2:20. I left my name, number and email and the items I wanted. I haven't heard back from them.

I was just looking for a charger for my etrac battery and the the smaller sampson t digger for woods hunting.. so I am not in a super hurry.

I feel I needed to leave this note here also to let you know your not the only one who didn[t get a call back.

These threads seem to pop up every month...surprised NED hasn't worked their communication issues out yet. :?: I also had some odd dealings with them a year or two back...been using Indian Nations detectors since and it's been awesome! :yes:

I ordered my lesche from NE detectors just to save 6 dollar's. I usually just drive to metaldetectors.com's store.the people are really friendly.I did get an email today saying my Lesche has been shipped.I ordered it sunday night.

From a conversation earlier on FB, "For those that place orders online you have to input your payment before an order can be processed. These products are so volatile that it is nearly impossible to update the website fast enough. For us to take a product down and go back and put it up when we have stock is too difficult. We receive orders Everyday from manufacturers and like most dealers its a !!!! shoot what we are going to get or I should say not get when we are suppose to . We can cancel your order in hopes you can find it from another dealer, we have no problem doing that. [email protected] let us know you want to cancel and we will immediately refund your money." "This industry and the manufacturers that participate Garrett, Minelab Etc they do not have a giant warehouse of detectors sitting in the wind for people to order . All these manufacturers run on razor thin margins and make them to order. Which means if the demand is their they will ramp up production . The other thing we have to realize is that the parts in these detectors are NOT made in the U.S. every year at the beginning of our year overseas manufacturers have a holiday during this time nothing is being produced. I have found it odd that this holiday coincides with all the manufacturers having issues with being back ordered. No U.S. manufacturer will admit it but so far they all have a great track record of being back ordered at the same time for 5 years in a row. Remember Garret and the other U.S companies make their products in the U.S. but I doubt their circuit boards and or the diodes chips, LCD screen Speakers Plastic Mold injected parts are made solely in the U.S. I believe this is the real reason all Manufacturers are delayed, that and of course the demand for these items. Lets not forget our European friends as well. They need some detector love as well. The american Detectors Companies are shipping all over the world in this new economy its not only U.S they have to cater to. There are so many moving parts in a business that the end user rarely understands what is involved. We all want to get you the product in your hand and make happy customers." They are doing their best.

Sales not responding

I was interested in getting an Etrac and their customer service couldn't help me and said they'd pass the info on. I called three days in a row and heft my number. Nothing yet. I guess they don't want my money so ill have to go elsewhere. Bad way to run a business.

No idea? Gave a friend buying a CTX a few names to try.They never responded.Hopefully someone will post the procedure that needs followed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom