Tesoro Bandido II uMax

beephead

Elite Member
I got me a Bandido II uMax a few days ago.:D It's really purrrrty. Here are some pictures and my thoughts after a couple of test runs with it.

BandidoIIuMax024.jpg
[/IMG]
BandidoIIuMax023.jpg

Day one:

Well I finally got to take the Bandido out for its first test run today. I got in about 3 hours of detecting. It was really hot and the ground was like cement. I set the discrimination on "2", the sensitivity on "10" and the threshold at the 3:00 o'clock position and started swinging. I found 26 quarters, 31 dimes, 29 nickels and 18 pennies. At first I was thumbing the discrimination knob before I dug to see how well the Bandido's discrimination worked. It was spot on. After that I started digging all good beeps without checking. The Bandido II uMax hits super hard on really small targets and nickels. If small gold jewelry is around it will have no trouble at all finding it. Pinpointing in the discrimination mode is precise and lightening fast. The tone that the Bandido makes is really pleasing to the ear. Near the end of the test run, I found a bent rusty nail (12p) in the same hole with a quarter. I threw the nail on the ground and ran the coil over it. The Bandido didn't make a sound. I then turned the discrimination from "2" to "0" and the rusty bent nail gave out a very slight crackling sound. Then I remembered reading that Monte wrote about the Bandido having 120 degree discrimination and would discriminate out a nail at a "0" discrimination setting. I wished that I had used "0" discrimination setting during the test run. I'll do that next time. At any rate, I tested the Bandido before I left the house with a really small thin 14k ring to see where it would discriminate out. It discriminated out just past "3". No nails, smooth running and can still detect really small gold jewelry. Now that's really amazing. It doesn't get much better than that!

Day two:

I took the Tesoro Bandido II uMax out for another test run today. I really like this detector! I set the discrimination at "0", the threshold at the 3 o'clock position and the sensitivity at "10". I found some more coins (61), including a bunch of nickels (17). The ground was so hard and dry that I quit digging the deep signals. I was doing my very best to find some gold jewelry, but all I could come up with today is a small 92.5 silver ring. It was only about 2 inches deep. A few months back I found another one just like it, but it was much larger. I just can't believe how hard the Bandido hits on nickels and gold rings. I never found this many nickels before. Not even close!

silverringII003.jpg
[/IMG]

That detector must be amazing. You did more than great in 3 hours. All those quarters and nickels you got. Great job.

That detector must be amazing. You did more than great in 3 hours. All those quarters and nickels you got. Great job.

One amazing detector + a really hot honey hole = one wore out sore dude.

My thighs feel like they were beat with a baseball bat.

I'm taking a few days off from detecting to recover. I'm dragging butt.

I really like how fast Tesoro detectors pinpoint in the discrimination mode.

To me pinpoint buttons slow you down and waste time.

Tesoro detectors find and precisely locate targets super fast without using a pinpoint button.

While people with the readout detectors are standing around looking at their screens and thinking about pushing the pinpoint button, I've already dug my target and gone.:grin:

beephead

Wow, you are cookin with your new Tesoro. I recently got a Tesoro silver umax and am trying to learn it. So far, just found junk, but not discouraged. I am practicing with it and hope to learn it with time. Ever up around my part of Tn. give a holler and we will hunt together.

Wow, you are cookin with your new Tesoro. I recently got a Tesoro silver umax and am trying to learn it. So far, just found junk, but not discouraged. I am practicing with it and hope to learn it with time. Ever up around my part of Tn. give a holler and we will hunt together.

It won't take you long to learn the Tesoro Silver uMax. Get yourself a Garrett Pro Pointer and it will make detecting a lot more fun. I won't go detecting without one.

beephead

Do you dig less trash with that then the comparde?

I dig more trash with Bandido than I do with the Compadre, simply because I'm covering more ground and hitting more targets. I can set both detectors to disc out trash and just coin shoot for clad and silver, but doing that means there's no hope of finding GOLD.:no:

You can also thumb the disc knob to get a good ideal what your target might be, but I would rather just dig and be surprised. :p

beephead

I dig more trash with Bandido than I do with the Compadre, simply because I'm covering more ground and hitting more targets. I can set both detectors to disc out trash and just coin shoot for clad and silver, but doing that means there's no hope of finding GOLD.:no:

You can also thumb the disc knob to get a good ideal what your target might be, but I can rather dig and be surprised. :p

beephead

My comparde picked up a 10k gold ring and 5 gram gold bar no matter where i set the dial from all metal to max comparde beeps to it.

And it still works right i think because i can cancel out pulltabs on pulltab.

I've found 65 nickels in three days with the Tesoro Bandido II uMax. Gold jewelry is on the menu. I'm running zero discrimination.

The Bandido hits super hard on nickels. I just can't believe how hard it hits them. It's hitting nickels as hard as it does quarters. Maybe harder!

That tells me that it will do great finding gold jewelry. I've got to do my part and put the coil near some gold jewelry.:yes:

beephead:

:oldguy: I like your intelligent approach to understanding and setting up your detector, beephead. I guess that comes with experience...at least I hope it does! :tiphat:

Back
Top Bottom