This Fool's Gold and Silver's

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out with my mentor Dave again for a fun and productive hunt. We went back to the old Brew City park we were at last Sunday. Because of some drying out this last few days we were able to expand greatly on the area we could get at. Still water filled a lot of the holes as we were digging. The day for Dave started with a bang with a Merc and Wheat in the same hole. He finished the day with 2 Merc's a hunky Silver ring and a Silver flower earring along with 3 Wheat's. His 2nd Merc was taken from a hole I took a Silver Washington from. I had the second signal but had lost it and eventually gave up on it after making a manhole cover size aperture in the ground. The coin was eventually dug at about 13 inches on its edge after he spent ten minutes losing and refinding the signal. Guess I'll take a lot of ribbing for this one. Any way I still had a very nice outing, along with the Silver GW, I dug 3 Merc's, a half dozen Wheat's and $2.72 in clad. Also might have a amazing find as I dug what appears to be a Gold 1oz Bar. It was wrapped in deteriorating plastic but can not verify if it is real. Cleaned up real nice but the Wife said its a fools gold. Will take it to work tomorrow to have it checked. Jack[/B]

Attachments

• 4-9-17 .jpg
    4-9-17 .jpg
    69 KB · Views: 432
  • 4-9-17-1.jpg
    4-9-17-1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 4-9-17-2.jpg
    4-9-17-2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 420
  • 4-9-17-6.jpg
    4-9-17-6.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 4-9-17-7.jpg
    4-9-17-7.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 419
  • 4-9-17-5.jpg
    4-9-17-5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 4-9-17-4.jpg
    4-9-17-4.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 414
Great finds!!!! What a amazing park!!! I can't imagine hunting public property and finding that many old coins!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa! Gold bar!
Appreciate the reply Bagel, thank you.
Great finds!!!! What a amazing park!!! I can't imagine hunting public property and finding that many old coins!!!

Vic, This was only my 2nd trip to this park, my mentor has made 4 trips this week and between us we have now taken 15 Silver Coins and 3 925 pcs. of Jewelry. I'm looking forward to going back very soon. It is a large park and could be full of more surprises if it ever dries.

Awesome hunting Jack congrats! I hate losing signals, you always think it's just iron anyways. You still had an awesome day!

Wow! A bar of gold? Hope that works out for ya!!!!

Nice hunt Jack. The '17 Merc looks cool with the staining.
I'll be pulling for you in the gold test tomorrow!
What did it ring in like?
Thanks Liam. It was a high sound but the numbers were way down 10'28, 12/32, 11/34. It was only 4 inches down.
Awesome hunting Jack congrats! I hate losing signals, you always think it's just iron anyways. You still had an awesome day!
Well Jeff this is the second time its happened to me. I guess I need to get a little bulldog in me.
Hope your bar is real,but Murphy's law says....
Thanks addict, your right though Murphy's Law. Lucky I work in a Metal Foundry and can find out in a few minutes tomorrow.
It's really nice to dig a few silvers like that...WTG. Philo
Your 100% right Philo. Digging Silver is always my intention just the targets just don't always cooperate.
Wow! A bar of gold? Hope that works out for ya!!!!
I do to Jerry. But I am a skeptic. Things like this just don't happen to me. Jack

OH MY GOD !!!!!
I'd be freaking out !!!! Is it heavy???
I wouldn't even be able to sleep.....Holy cow !!!
How in the world does something like that end up in the ground !!?????
9999 !!!! well , at least you won't have to do any math.......
hope it pans out for ya.

awesome hunt Trapper but you digging gold bars now? I cant even imagine digging that tone cause it sure wouldn't be a high tone and you don't even dig nickels..lol. What did it ring up at? and I sure hope its real!!!!

Killer finds! Silvers, and a GOLD BAR! :shock:

I think youll have to start the "exclusive" gold bar club, congrats!

North☆Star;2759278 said:
Great job on the silver and heres to hoping that Gold is real!
Thanks Star, I have hope but could not find this on the internet, so who knows?
OH MY GOD !!!!!
I'd be freaking out !!!! Is it heavy???
I wouldn't even be able to sleep.....Holy cow !!!
How in the world does something like that end up in the ground !!?????
9999 !!!! well , at least you won't have to do any math.......
hope it pans out for ya.
I was for a while but after not being able to confirm on the computer I've calm down. Now if this proves out I'll be back to frenzy in a short. By the way its only 1 0z.
Congrats on a great hunt Jack! I sure do hope the gold bar's the real deal!
Thanks Ron, got my fingers, toes and eyes crossed.
What? A gold bar? Holy smokes !!!!
It looks good to me ! Amaizing day Trap .
Love the report.
Thank you Brad, it was a good day hunting but it makes me mad that I didn't stay on that one signal. If you here me holler from Cudahy you will know that the bar is good.
awesome hunt Trapper but you digging gold bars now? I cant even imagine digging that tone cause it sure wouldn't be a high tone and you don't even dig nickels..lol. What did it ring up at? and I sure hope its real!!!!
You know Mike with my lack of Nickels (by the way got my first of the year today) I had to make up for it with something spectacular. So I figures a Gold bar would just about cover my losses. It was a high pitch Mike but numbers were all over from 10/28 to a Quarter /Half on the CTX. Trapper

Lol...that's a lifetime of nickels if it's real ...you would be set for life no need to dig another..lol

Back
Top Bottom