rock tumbler?

titan_demon

i see harbor freight in town has some cheap rock tumblers, anybody use them for general coin cleanup?? i wouldnt be putting any coins of value in it.... what do u use as a cleaning solvent? the guy at the coin shop said sand would work... any truth to that??

just Google "Harbor Freight rock tumbler metal detecting" and all your questions will be answered. This is a long running discussion.

I put the coins in with dish soap and water, using aquarium gravel they come out real clean. Do you pennies separately.

i use aquarium gravel & cascade automatic dishwashing liquid (it won't foam up), just fill the barrel half way with your coins/gravel water mix and let run for several hours.....works great

I got their dual tumbler for $40.00 when it was on sale and had a coupon. I like it because the drum is rubber and muffles the sound a lot. I can operate it in the basement and don't hear it upstairs. It works well.

I put the coins in with dish soap and water, using aquarium gravel they come out real clean. Do you pennies separately.

I second that. But also do your nickels seperately too. Other coins will turn red too. Use natural colored aquarium gravel, hot water and some dishsoap. I tumble everything but silver in it unless it is a key date. I tumbled my wheats in it and found out I dug a 1909 I never knew I had. Also found out in my clad pile there were 5 wheats as well. Made every single clad coin go through my banks coin counter. It is well worth it and I got mine at harbor freight too...

Back
Top Bottom