Late 1600s buckle find

Toasted

Elite Member
Ive been finding a decent amount of early buckles since last fall but I think the one I found today is my favorite. Small two piece cast copper alloy asymmetrical with the unusual cast copper alloy chape(usually iron)

Attachments

• IMG_0631.jpg
    IMG_0631.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 190
Nice...

Looks like a bell... I dug one which was dated by a historical at about 1752 in a Butterfly shape in gold gilded brass....

Philo

Awesome find historically anything 1600's is a great day for me and your buckle is in great shape with an intricate pattern never seen bell shape on a buckle. Great job

Looks like a bell... I dug one which was dated by a historical at about 1752 in a Butterfly shape in gold gilded brass....

Philo

Awesome find historically anything 1600's is a great day for me and your buckle is in great shape with an intricate pattern never seen bell shape on a buckle. Great job

Thanks. I guess these buckles aren't as glamorous as an IHP or a rosie:laughing: but they are pretty much the earliest relics you can find and are like a time machine to the settlement of our country. Not to mention, more difficult to find a complete example like this than most any colonial coinage

Back
Top Bottom