Silvers #8 to #11 Plus plus sterling

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
With the freezing cold and snow as of late, I have not been hunting for awhile.

Since the sun was shinning it melted much of the snow and warmed up the moist ground nicely to make hunting real good today.

Today, I went to an older out-of-the-way school that I had been to in the past. I pretty much just worked the baseball field and grounds towards the main road.

I found four silver coins, a bold SLQ, '44 Mercury, '53 Rosie and a '43-D War nickel. Plus a nice large sterling religious medal and a small silver thin ring. And four wheaties to add to the collection.

Thanks for finding the time to read my post!

Attachments

• Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 001.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 001.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 002.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 002.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 003.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 003.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 004.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 004.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 005.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 005.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 006.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 006.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 007.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 007.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 148
  • Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 008.jpg
    Coins Silvers #8-11 02162019 008.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 128
Some real great hunting John. Congrats on the Stander, Merc, Rosie and War Nickle along with the sterling's and Wheat's. Wish that the warmth would get to this part of the country. Got a bad case of cabin fever. Trapper

Thank you!

Wow what a school!!! Great finds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks coin whisperer! I am so glad it was still giving up some of its goodies.

Some real great hunting John. Congrats on the Stander, Merc, Rosie and War Nickle along with the sterling's and Wheat's. Wish that the warmth would get to this part of the country. Got a bad case of cabin fever. Trapper

Thanks Trapper! This year so far has been real good to me with the silver finds. I hear you about the cabin fever. I just hyberated for a good week and went out yesterday to get my fix in from withdraws. Hope you get a break in the weather soon too.

Great group of findsđź‘Ť That religious medallion is somthing nice..all those finds are great,Congrats

Thanks woodbutcher! It helped that the school is a bit older too. Most religious medallions of that style are the short marked Italy possibly of aluminum variety. This one had some good weight to it.

Nice hunt Jak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks jwp1964! If only I could have more hunts like this one. But I take them as they come too.

Looks like a excellent hunt! Nice job Jak

Thanks WyoTom! The school property is rather large, which is nice, as to support a lot of students which adds to the possibilities of the multi targets.

Grats on the multiple silver

Thanks joee5! This time I was lucky in putting the coil in the right places.

Awesome finds JAK! Congrats on the nice assortment of silver and haul of coins.

Thanks Waveoff! Thank goodness for the warmer weather which soften up the moist ground. Most finds were in 5"-7" range. A lot of digging but it paid of nicely.

John, nice haul on the silver. You're up on me with war nickels. Glad to see you made it out. I got out yesterday to a heavily hunted city park. 1 wheat, 2 buck in clad. Waveoff dug his 4th war nickel in two days. Good luck. HH Mark

Thank you!

WOW, what a great hunt! Great way cap off a "post-snow hunt"!! Congratulations!

Thanks Buellride! I was hoping I could sneak out today, but it is just to cold as much of the ground has again froze-up. It takes a lot of energy and perseverance to dig in this cold weather once the ground hardens up.

That's a great hunt any time of year but amazing in the winter ! There's very few schools anymore that produce like that. Congrats....

Thanks diggin4clad! I know we all say the same thing about schools that have been hit hard. But again, this place as been too! I have seem my competition awhile ago with his 3030 hitting some of the area that I just went over. It seems I am just going to have to drive out even more further now for new locations.

Thats a lot of goodies!

Thanks metaladdict! Some days we are more luckier than others. I was really surprised with all of my finds for the day.

John, nice haul on the silver. You're up on me with war nickels. Glad to see you made it out. I got out yesterday to a heavily hunted city park. 1 wheat, 2 buck in clad. Waveoff dug his 4th war nickel in two days. Good luck. HH Mark

Thanks Mark! So far its been a good start for me with the silver. That war nick was one of my last finds for the day as I was walking back to the car. War nicks are like my favorites to find...they are hardest as heck to find anymore. And it always exciting to flip it over to see if there is a mint mark. And yes, I read about Waveoff with his three wars in one day...that crazy! You guys must be hitting some semi-virgin territory.

Now I am thinking, I am way over due to finding some gold! GL & HH.

Congrats on all that silver!

Thanks twizzlerlord! Finding that many silvers in one day was rare for me. Hopefully, as I tweak my machine's settings some more I can find additional pieces.

Man that's a load of silver you found! So when those SLQs are worn down to almost nothing they're called "bold"? :lol: I'll have to remember that!:laughing:

Thank you!

Man that's a load of silver you found! So when those SLQs are worn down to almost nothing they're called "bold"? :lol: I'll have to remember that!:laughing:

Thanks NCtoad! I feel like I made my monthly silver quota in one day. Those boldy silvers go into the scrap pile. Some days it all comes together.

Congrats on the silver hunt JAK!!!

Thanks Lil Worm6! I feel like now that I found those silvers so early in the year, I can take a few days off...probably not...lol.

Back
Top Bottom